No waveform showing on imports

Matt-Grayson wrote on 6/12/2022, 4:51 PM

Hi all, recently I started a new track and at some point MM Premium decided that it wasn't going to show any waveforms.

Some of my samples have them, some don't.

I searched on here and found some old threads that suggested it might be something to do with the H0 files. I experimented with an older file that has a H0 equivalent and sure enough the waveform shows. So it would seem that my program isn't creating H0 files when I import them.

I can't find out how to "switch" it on, if possible.

Any ideas anyone?

Many thanks in advance :)

I'm running on version 30.0.6.54

Comments

PATIENT-X wrote on 6/12/2022, 5:04 PM

@Matt-Grayson

Hello, welcome

This linked thread is for Movie Edit Pro which discusses similar issue which may or may not help you here.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Last changed by PATIENT-X on 6/12/2022, 5:07 PM, changed a total of 3 times.

Pc self build by me.

Azza Pyramid 804 case

Intel Core i5-13600K Processor 3.5GHz

Kingston FURY Beast 32GB (16GB x 2) 4800MHz DDR5

Geforce RTX2080 Founders edition

Firecuda 530 1tb SSD Nvme

Team Group T-FORCE DELTA MAX RGB LITE 2.5" 1TB SATA III

Corsair RM1000x 80 PLUS Gold Fully Modular ATX 1000 Watt Power Supply

5in LCD Screen

Lian Li UNI SL120 V2 triple fans

MSI Meg Unify Z690 motherboard

SP. wrote on 6/12/2022, 5:14 PM

@Matt-Grayson It can also help if you switch the view of your audio object from stereo to mono representation. Usually the waveform will show fine if you select mono graphics.

Matt-Grayson wrote on 6/14/2022, 2:23 AM

@Matt-Grayson It can also help if you switch the view of your audio object from stereo to mono representation. Usually the waveform will show fine if you select mono graphics.

Hi, I've tried that and it does work, so thank you. I at least know that I have some way of working round it, but it splits the track into two separate tracks. I wonder if there's a way to fix the bug instead of settling for a work around that will end up confusing me 😂

Also sometimes the tracks I import don't always fit and the beat matcher can't cope so I use the tempo stretch. I will be really tough to get the tempo matched on the left and right channels. I can't stretch it before splitting as that's what I primarily need the waveforms for ;)

Matt-Grayson wrote on 6/14/2022, 2:26 AM

@Matt-Grayson

Hello, welcome

This linked thread is for Movie Edit Pro which discusses similar issue which may or may not help you here.

Stephen

Forum Moderator

Well I tried that and it reloaded H0 files but they still don't show. Imported mp3 files from when I first started working on the track or from pre-existing H0 files still show (for example I'm using a cymbal crash that I've used in previous tracks so has an existing H0 file) in the workspace. It just seems to be newly created H0 files that won't work.

Many thanks for all help :)