No Video Level Percent - Pro X 6

applepip2001 wrote on 2/20/2014, 11:42 AM

I'm testing out Video Pro X6, after a couple of years of happily using MovieEdit Pro MX.

I've added a video clip, and gone in to Chroma Key, Video Level. There is a slider to lower and raise the opacity of the clip but no visable number value?? On MEP MX, you also get to see this value as a percentage, which can be adjusted manually instead of using the slider. I find it useful when fading in certain visual effects, as I can make a note of the percentage and manually enter settings when key framing. Is there another way to access this value or is the whole sliders without numbers thing part of a dumming down process, where Magix think a number next to a slider will just be too darn complicated for the user to understand??

Phil

Comments

browj2 wrote on 2/21/2014, 1:57 PM

Hi Phil,

You are quite right. The last version of MEP that it was in with the percentage was what they called MX or version 11, which is the one that you have. It was gone in 2013 or version 12. I don't know if anyone noticed that it had disappeared. I agree with you, the percentage should be shown. How else to get more than one clip to have the same setting without copying the effect or saving it with a name (without knowing the percentage)?

Last changed by browj2 on 2/21/2014, 1:57 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

applepip2001 wrote on 2/22/2014, 4:48 PM

It's a real shame. I was on the verge of buying Pro X6, but decided to test the trial version first. Can't say in all honesty I'll be sticking with Magix for much longer.

Kinda hoped they'd add numeric values to the Chroma Keying, Threshold and Fading Range sliders and instead they just removed the percentage from the Video level.

To my mind, Magix did a really good job at creating affordable video editing software some years ago, but apart from improved speed and optimisation, have added little in the way of new features and done little to improve it's existing features in the last 3 years.

I was hoping they would improve the Chroma keying feature in general, but still find it pretty hit and miss. I compared it Chroma Keying on Premiere Elements 10, and nearly always got better results from PE10. That said, Magix editing interface is far better and more versatile than PE10s.

The 3 way colour correction of Pro X is a big improvement over the 2 way correction MovieEdit Pro, but outside of that, I couldn't find any more added or improved features over MEP. Something, like adding Rotoscoping / Garbage Matts would have been a real insentive to go Pro. As it is, I have to Rotoscope in an external program and create a black and white (greyscale) mask video to add between video tracks as an Alpha Mask.

They also seem to have removed the Video Overlay render, which was the only renderer that played video with proper VSync (no screen tearing).

It's a shame, because if they stopped dumming it down and worked on adding more useful features, they'd really be a force to be recon with.

Scenestealer wrote on 2/24/2014, 3:33 PM

Hi

You could put your feature requests here: http://www.magix.info/us/featurewuensche-fuer-video-prox-und-video-deluxe.forum.514606.html and I see a german member has already mentioned the video level percent box in one of the recent posts.

Whilst this part of Magix info seems only to appear in German you can use the translate function in Internet explorer (Rt.Click) to swiftly turn it more or less into english. You can post in English and it must be monitored by Magix support as they have created the original request/post.

Ss

Last changed by Scenestealer on 2/24/2014, 3:33 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

System Specs: Intel 6th Gen i7 6700K 4Ghz O.C.4.6GHz, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming MoBo, 16GB DDR4 2133Mhz RAM, Samsung 850 EVO 512GB SSD system disc WD Black 4TB HDD Video Storage, Nvidia GTX1060 OC 6GB, Win10 Pro 2004, MEP2016, 2022 (V21.0.1.92) Premium and prior, VPX7, VPX12 (V18.0.1.85). Microsoft Surface Pro3 i5 4300U 1.9GHz Max 2.6Ghz, HDGraphics 4400, 4GB Ram 128GB SSD + 64GB Strontium Micro SD card, Win 10Pro 2004, MEP2015 Premium.

applepip2001 wrote on 2/28/2014, 12:21 PM

That is an excellent idea thanks. I shall so that now.