No timeline marker Acid 365

George-Cottrell wrote on 1/14/2019, 5:03 PM

When I am playing/recording tracks in Acid 365 the marker (play head?) that shows where I am on the timeline is nowhere to be found.

There is a vertical white line flashing where recording/playback began but it does not advance when recording/playback is activated.

I looked under the View menu and in the preferences and didn't see anything I could toggle to show the marker.

ACID Version 8.0.7 Build 233 x64
Intel Core i5 @ 2.67GHz
10GB RAM
Windows 10 (Fresh install this week all updates applied)
Digidesign Digi 002 interface (Most recent ASIO driver)

It should be noted that I have restarted the computer multiple times, performed all available updates, etc.

During my troubleshooting I noticed that the issue did not occur when I was using the standard Windows driver in the Audio device preferences.

This only occurs when using the AVID provided driver.

What I don't want to hear is that there is a driver issue. It is a driver that meets ASIO standards, is a working driver for Windows 10, and works flawlessly with any other DAW I use. (Pro Tools, Cubase, Reaper, Etc)

The driver should have no effect on the functionality of the play head marker.

Comments

George-Cottrell wrote on 1/15/2019, 1:39 PM

I attempted getting a support case started but was told by the support website that the software I just purchased last week is too old and I would need a support voucher ($12.99) to get support (lame).

During that interaction I found the following. None of which solved my problem:

"The marker is no longer moving along in the timeline when the project is played back.

The issue you're experiencing here has been linked to problems in the Windows update process, whereby a component of the Windows operating system update services gets stuck in the background. The problem has been particularly prominent with users that run their computer for a longer period of time (e.g. several days) without ever shutting it down or rebooting it, but could affect other users as well.

To resolve this problem, please simply restart the computer. Please note that, on Windows 8/8.1 and 10 systems, the "Shut down" option might not be sufficient, due to the available "Fast Startup" option and the way this is designed. Make sure to actually use the "Restart" option to force a proper restart.

When restarting, you will most likely get informed about the Windows update status and recent updates will be installed/configured. Most likely, you will find that this has resolved the playback cursor problem in the MAGIX software. Some users might also need to check their Windows update settings in the operating system and make sure the available updates (including possibly optional ones) do get downloaded and installed. Again, a restart of the computer after the procedure should be carried out to complete the update process, and might be necessary to effect the change and resolve the problem at hand."