No Sound: "sound card is possibly synchronized to an external source."

Andrew-Stevens wrote on 9/26/2021, 5:10 PM

"The sample rate 44100 Hz could not be set.

Your sound card is possibly synchronized to an external source."

Can someone tell me how to fix this.

Getting really annoyed, that I'm constantly having some sort of weird problem with this software, every time I try to use it.

At the moment, it's functionality is barely above that of any simple media format converter.

I just installed the latest patch, without any improvement.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/26/2021, 7:32 PM

@Andrew-Stevens This has nothing to do with Music Maker. This problem is caused by your audio device. You can solve this problem in different ways:

1. Change the sample rate of your audio device manually to 44100 Hz
  2. Change the project sample rate in Music Makers project settings to the sample rate of your audio device
  3. Reboot your computer in case your audio device is blocked by another program that doesn't let it change the samplerate
Andrew-Stevens wrote on 9/26/2021, 8:34 PM

Thank you!

It's working now. I have no idea if just letting this machine set for a few hours allowed whatever was making things hang up to close down. But I also shut down the bluetooth and just tried Music Maker. It's running fine now.

This machine has been a horrible burden, ever since Microsoft committed barbaric malpractice on Windows 10, and failed to repair the OS.

I should probably try to figure out how to do the first two recommendations you've given.

I appreciate your time and advice.