No sound out after upgrade to build 121

edoutthere wrote on 1/14/2022, 8:54 AM

I just installed the latest upgrade to SF 15, build 121. After this upgrade, I get no sound out when playing any .mp3. I restarted the system, removed then reinstalled - same issue. SF sees all the playback devices. SF defaults to the magix low latency device but it does not work, thats the device I have been using for months. The only way to get output is to use the windows default driver, but it is very band limited.

Another thing I noticed is when the magix output device is selected, the controls (play, stop, pause) respond really slow, as in not instantly like they should.

What is going on with this "update"?

Comments

rraud wrote on 1/14/2022, 10:02 AM

Do PCM <.wav> (and other) file types exhibit the same behavior as MP3s? If this is isolated to MP3s, I would recommend uninstall/reinstall again, but use a third-party uninstaller like 'Revo Uninstall' which can remove left-over registry entries and other pertinent data the OS uninstall leaves behind, which is usually the cause of recurring issues. Use Revo's advanced scan mode and restart the PC before reinstalling.. Revo Uninstall is highly regarded and has pro and freeware versions, the free version is usually adequate in most cases.

If all file types playback static (noise). The SF Audio Studio low latency driver is a common cause.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @edoutthere, and best wishes for 2022/

edoutthere wrote on 1/14/2022, 3:46 PM

rraud,

After I found your response a few hours later, I went back to the system with SF. I selected the magix audio device and I was able to play an .mp3 (as well as a .wav). Its playing at full fidelity but is not really usable because of the delay in starting and pausing. When I hit play, there is a tick in the speakers, then the cursor starts to move then abruptly goes back in time like 1/8" (on my screen) then begins to play. Whatever changes were made to the "magix low latency 2016", they broke this device and it is unusable. I used it all the time since like april of last year

Thanks,

Ed

rraud wrote on 1/15/2022, 11:57 AM

Hi Ed (@edoutthere), See this comment from a Magix staff manager to remedy the Magix low latency 2016 issue,, if in fact, that is the problem you are experiencing .. Issues with initial playback... delays, clicks and such, are typically a playback buffer setting.