Comments

Former user wrote on 10/16/2022, 9:20 AM

@Robert-Joseph Hi, you may want to give a few more details about your set up i.e. what's the signal chain,computer Laptop or Desktop, are you using a mixer, analog or digital, ...talk to us, people will be happy to help, Cheers

Robert-Joseph wrote on 10/18/2022, 6:54 PM

Ok, I am running a focusrite into a straight mixing board; regular audio (guitar, bass, etc) recording/playback is fine. When I open any of my soft synths (the most recent is the Roland 707 virtual drum machine,) the "operating face" shows, the flashing "leds" blink, yet I get no sounds.

Former user wrote on 10/19/2022, 10:33 AM

@Robert-Joseph Try this:

1 Options

2 Preferences

3. MIDI

4. See if your Interface has MIDI enabled and that the MIDI channels are on the same path (channel 1,2,3...etc)

Cheers

Robert-Joseph wrote on 10/19/2022, 9:33 PM

Thank you for your response, sir...yes, I tried; everything looks ok, but still, nothing. I have attached screenshots.

SP. wrote on 10/20/2022, 12:27 AM

@Robert-Joseph Is a MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard connected to your Focusrite MIDI input?

Former user wrote on 10/20/2022, 9:28 AM

@Robert-Joseph does the Focusrite AIST, have a setting function? Sorry but I'm not familiar with Focusrite

Robert-Joseph wrote on 10/20/2022, 10:03 PM

Please see attached. MIDI is not hooked up to any sort of hardware.

Robert-Joseph wrote on 10/20/2022, 10:04 PM

@Robert-Joseph Is a MIDI controller or MIDI keyboard connected to your Focusrite MIDI input?

No hookup to any hardware at all.

SP. wrote on 10/21/2022, 12:47 AM

@Robert-Joseph Ok, if you don't use a MIDI input device, you probably need to draw the MIDI notes for the soft synth with your mouse in the MIDI editor to get it to play a sound.

You could try a virtual MIDI keyboard, if you don't have access to a MIDI device. For example https://vmpk.sourceforge.io/ You also need to install a virtual MIDI cable to connect the MIDI keyboard to ACID. For example https://www.tobias-erichsen.de/software/loopmidi.html Select the Loop MIDI as the output of the virtual MIDI keyboard and the input of ACID instead of Focusrite USB MIDI.

Robert-Joseph wrote on 10/21/2022, 5:43 AM

I do realize how to "draw" the notes for a full MIDI clip, but this is not the problem. I am getting no sound at all from my soft synths regardless of whether they are drawn in a clip or just "virtually" played by clicking the drum pads or keys. I cannot hear anything.

SP. wrote on 10/21/2022, 6:21 AM

@Robert-Joseph Is the Focusrite ASIO driver selected in the Audio Device settings? Are your speakers or headphones connected to your Focusrite interface?

Robert-Joseph wrote on 10/21/2022, 6:59 PM

Yes...(see pic)...and I'm not having any issues recording or playing back loops or other audio tracks; my synth sounds are what is not working