No sound, no loops, locked instruments, frustrating!

neal-roll wrote on 1/12/2022, 6:21 PM

Running MMMP2022 on Windows 11. Multiple problems. Working on it for a month. No sounds from instruments. Soundcheck = static. Downloaded ASIO. Can't get more than one soundloop instrument once than nothing. Stuck. Songmaker won't run, instruments are locked. Reset program settings. Frustrating.

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/12/2022, 8:57 PM

@neal-roll What are your hardware specifications? It's sounds like your audio hardware has trouble to run the audio processing if you get static noises. Are you using an USB audio interface with ASIO drivers? That's highly recommended.

You can also try to go into the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store which deletes the old store cache and then rescan the Soundpools. This can help if you have problems with unlocking features and Soundpools.

neal-roll wrote on 1/13/2022, 2:36 PM

From what I can see the audio driver is a Intel Smart Sound for USB Audio Properties. Or a Realtek ASIO. The Magix low latency pops up but all there is, is static. I just bought this computer and have more than the requirements to run MMMP2022, but there was nothing specified for audio drivers from Magix.

How would I get the USB audio interface w/ ASIO driver?

On one suggestion they said to activate the "monitoring" button. Can't find it.

As for the soundpools during the tutorial I could run 4 loops w/ different instruments, but on a project I get one, once and that's it.

SP. wrote on 1/13/2022, 2:54 PM

@neal-roll There is a monitoring check box in the recording settings. You can open the recording settings with the gear icon next to the record button.

You could try the Direct Sound driver in the program settings. Monitoring will not work with Direct Sound, this means you will not hear anything when recording audio or MIDI, but it is the most simple driver option that should work with nearly all hardware. It allows you to listen to your loops and songs and MIDI in playback mode.

A Focusrite Scarlett Solo is an external USB audio interface with ASIO drivers. It costs about $100.

neal-roll wrote on 1/13/2022, 4:11 PM

Direct sound or any other driver won't work. I give up! I'll see if I can get my money back, which by the way, was way more than what it's advertised for on the magix site. 😖

neal-roll wrote on 1/15/2022, 6:32 PM

I go back to my first impression of MMMP2022. There seems to be more problems than results with MMMP2022. I still cannot get the keyboard to play, so my audio driver is wrong. The Magix low latency=static, direct sound driver=nothing. On another issue, only one soundpool loop will play once, then nothing will run. On songmaker, all the loops are locked with a padlock. Other problems arise like I'm locked out or it doesn't work in the version I have. I have to wonder if it is really a version of MMMP2022 or did they send me a free version after taking my money? The download/install did say MMMP2022.

SP. wrote on 1/15/2022, 6:42 PM

@neal-roll What is your hardware? Is your hardware even suitable for Windows 11? Have you tried running your software under Windows 10?

neal-roll wrote on 1/18/2022, 3:03 PM

Hardware? I'm running a Core i7 with 2.80 GHz, have 12GB Ram and a 64bit operating system. This is way more than Magix required. I'd hate to step back to Windows 10.

SP. wrote on 1/18/2022, 3:11 PM

@neal-roll Up until today Music Maker is not officially supporting Windows 11. This doesn't mean that it will not work with Windows 11 but there could be a problem with your hardware and Windows 11 if your computers manufacturer doesn't offer updated drivers.

I run a 3.5 GHz Core i7 with 32 GB of RAM, also more than enough for Music Maker, but my system is now nearly 10 years old and is not suitable for a Windows 11 upgrade. I could install it and maybe it runs, but there are no updated drivers for it. But I believe my processor doesn't meet the minimum requirements for Windows 11.