No sound is coming in from the microphone

roywaarts wrote on 11/26/2021, 2:09 PM

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I'm from the Netherlands and I try to explain as well as possible the problem I run into.

I'm trying to record my voice. I have tried two USB microphones. In my Windows settings I see the microphones and I also see a sound meter that sound is coming in.
When I use Magix Musix maker and choose to record, no sound comes in.

Am I doing something wrong?

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/26/2021, 2:16 PM

@roywaarts 

Be sure the track you want to record your microphone on is set to "AUDIO REC". There is a small REC button in the track header you must click. After recording is done click the button until it is off again (then it is dark and shows REC).

If this doesn't work then try changing the audio driver in the program settings of Music Maker. In case you select ASIO Magix Low Latency you need to click on the "Advanced..." and need to activate your microphone in the driver settings.

roywaarts1 wrote on 11/26/2021, 2:42 PM

Thanks for your quick response.

If I put it on the other driver, see photo, I can no longer click on record or play.

Even when I set it on the microphone.

If I put it on wave, it will work again. Then I can click record again but it doesn't record anything. Even when I look at settings, I don't see the bars go up and down in monitor. He didn't register anything. On my computer settings I see that it registers sound.
Somehow it doesn't get to Magix

SP. wrote on 11/26/2021, 3:17 PM

@roywaarts @roywaarts1 

You could try another driver. Please download the free FL Studio demo from https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-download/

If you install it, it also installs the FL Studio ASIO driver. You can then select the FL Studio ASIO driver as an ASIO driver in the program settings of Music Maker. Maybe it will work better with your microphones.

By the way, what microphones are you using? Maybe the manufacturer has newer drivers? It can always be a little problematic to get USB microphones to work.

On your screenshots it looks like you disabled your Realtek audio chip in the driver settings. But you will need it for playback.