No sound coming from any output source

T-G5352 wrote on 1/28/2024, 9:37 AM

Hi all, I recently put Pro X8 on my computer (Windows 11) but I'm finding that no sound is made when I press play. I opened all the demo tracks and it happened on all of them - I can see the dials and visuals moving as the timeline is moving so some sound must be being made somewhere, however there is no actual sound regardless of whether I play it through the computer speakers, earplugs, or headphones. All other computer sounds (notifications, youtube, etc.) work as normal. The ASIO driver is up to date, and despite playing with the settings, nothing happens still. Any help would be appreciated - thanks!

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/28/2024, 10:11 AM

@T-G5352 Next to the driver selection is a button to open the driver control panel. There you can select your audio input and output. Below the driver selection is a slider for the monitoring mode. Set the mode to Mixer FX Monitoring Hybrid Engine.

T-G5352 wrote on 1/28/2024, 10:34 AM

Hi @SP. , thanks for your reply. I followed your instructions but sadly I'm still having the same problem. I will put up a screenshot of my settings atm:

If there's anything odd or something I need to change, I'd be glad to try it : ) Thanks again.

ProAudioTeam wrote on 1/29/2024, 4:35 AM

Please try WDM Driver and check whether the correct Realtek output is set under "audio devices" to which you have connected your monitoring option. We generally recommend the use of an external sound card in the form of a USB audio interface.

With kind regards

Your MAGIX Pro Audio Team

SP. wrote on 1/29/2024, 5:06 AM

@T-G5352

All other computer sounds (notifications, youtube, etc.) work as normal.

While Samplitude is running? This shouldn't be possible while using the Magix Low Latency or Asio4All drivers. They block audio for all other applications.

Your configurations look okay to me. Do you have speakers connected to your computer or speakers build into your laptop or headphones with an audio cable plugged into your computer?

T-G5352 wrote on 1/29/2024, 7:25 AM

@SP.

Sorry, yes I meant that the other sounds work while Samplitude isn't running.

I tried the built-in computer speakers, USB headphones, and earplugs (3.5mm jack) in turn at different times, without changing settings, and none of them worked. I've since run an audio troubleshooter on my computer and swapped the HDMI around, so now 3 of the demo tracks do work (the 'Funky Piano', 'Bekken', and Mozart ones) through the USB headphones but the other demo's don't!

I think I'll have to order a USB audio interface, as mentioned by @ProAudioTeam.

Any other advice would be gratefully received : )