Comments

SP. wrote on 10/17/2021, 4:51 AM

@Bob-Triggs

Please check your audio settings inside the program settings. You can select drivers like Direct Sound, ASIO, WASAPI etc. Try one and configure it.

For example, I use ASIO with Magix Low Latency 2016 and this is how I have it configured and it works fine for me.

To solve the Beatbox problem I would suggest you restart your computer. Select "Restart" not "Shutdown". Maybe it will work after doing so. If not you can also try to reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu. Then you can try to log out and back in again. Or you can open the program settings and click on the button to clean up the store.

If nothing help I think you need to reinstall the software completely. The Magix uninstaller doesn't remove everything. You can use a free tool like Revo Uninstaller to remove it from your computer and also deleting leftovers in the registry. Microsoft also offers a tool to remove programs and leftovers in the registry. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/topic/fix-problems-that-block-programs-from-being-installed-or-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d