Comments

SP. wrote on 12/26/2023, 6:27 PM

@SPow I see multiple problems in your screenshot. Firstly, the yellow loop bar at the top is collapsed into a single point. You can expand it again by clicking on the looking glass icon in the bottom right corner of the arranger window and switching to another view mode. Secondly, you seem have mono audio signals in stereo recordings. That is why one of two channels in each audio object is a line instead of a waveform. Thirdly, all objects are audio objects and cannot be opened in the MIDI editor. The MIDI editor requires MIDI objects.

SPow wrote on 12/27/2023, 7:20 AM

Thank you SP.

- 'Thirdly, all objects are audio objects and cannot be opened in the MIDI editor. The MIDI editor requires MIDI objects'. I am confused about 'audio objects' and 'MIDI objects' because the vocals I recorded and i thought this was MIDI recording. Are you referring to the RED selection which chooses from 'AUDIO REC' or 'MIDI REC'?

SP. wrote on 12/27/2023, 9:19 AM

@SPow Yes, audio objects contain audio signals like voices and are recorded through a microphone. You can record audio objects via AUDIO REC.

MIDI objects contain MIDI messages like the Note number and 'Note On' or 'Note Off'. With them you can control virtual instruments, for example the Vita Instruments in Music Maker or Hybrid Keys. You can edit the notes afterwards via the MIDI editor. You need a MIDI keyboard or another MIDI device (for example a Pad Controller), to play MIDI notes, or you can also use the internal on-screen-MIDI keyboard in Music Maker. Set the track to MIDI REC to record MIDI data.

browj2 wrote on 12/27/2023, 10:19 AM

@SPow

Hi,

To understand what virtual instruments are, how to use them to record MIDI, watch these 2 tutorials.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos