No Input showing in settings

IronPilgrim wrote on 9/15/2021, 5:03 AM

Hi, I was wondering if someone was able to help.

I am trying to run a mic through a behringer Xenyx Q1202USB into Music Maker but I don't seem to be able to get the program to recognise the interface.

When going into settings - Audio/MIDI, I have selected ASIO Driver: ASIO4ALL v2 but over on the input device section there is nothing showing when I click the drop down bar.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Any help would be very gratefully received! :)

Comments

Graham-Hawker wrote on 9/15/2021, 7:04 AM

The input section you are looking at it for midi so unless you have a midi controller attached nothing will be shown.

For audio click on the advanced settings button and make sure your interface is selected by clicking the box next to it.

IronPilgrim wrote on 9/15/2021, 8:26 AM

Thank you Graham, I'll take a look at that when I get home! Amateurs hey?!! ;)

IronPilgrim wrote on 9/15/2021, 11:06 AM

Okay, so I went to the advanced settings, selected TI PCM2902 USB CODEC, still nothing. The interface itself is picking up the mic signal, it just doesn't seem to want to transfer to the computer/software.

emmrecs wrote on 9/15/2021, 2:04 PM

@IronPilgrim

Can you take a screenshot of your ASIO4All control panel, advanced view, and post it here?

Also, have you set the your MM track to "Audio Record"?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

IronPilgrim wrote on 9/15/2021, 2:25 PM

Sure, here's the screenshot. And yes, I've tried to record with AUDIO REC on but no joy.

Graham-Hawker wrote on 9/15/2021, 3:04 PM

I can't see anything obviously wrong with that. You could check file menu/settings/audio recording. Also can you record in other programs? If you don't have any install Audacity to check. What mic are you using?

IronPilgrim wrote on 9/15/2021, 3:14 PM

Okay, not quite sure what the issue was but I've uninstalled and reinstalled Music Maker and it seems to be working now!

Thank you both for both for your help on this.

emmrecs wrote on 9/16/2021, 3:48 AM

@IronPilgrim

Glad to hear everything is now resolved, and thanks for that screenshot. One thing I notice about the latter; I would expect the icons alongside the listing for your interface to be Green, indicating the connection is active. Do they now show as Green in your working system?

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam