No burning hardware found

malcolmhh wrote on 6/3/2013, 12:32 PM

I have MME Pro 2013 Premium, Magix Video Pro X4 installed on my PC running Windows 8.

Each time I attempt to burn a dvd the programs states 'no burning hardware found'

I have an external HP 550t external DVD read/write drive.

All other programs Ashampoo, Serif Movie Plus, etc manage to find the drive and burn DVDs/CDs normally.

The drive appears correctly in the device manager.

It only seems to be Magix Software that can't find it.

Any help would be welcome

Comments

gandjcarr wrote on 6/7/2013, 4:15 PM

Hi,

To be honest with you, MEP is my primary edit application but I also use one other as a primary, and 3 as secondary because they all have features that I need that the others don't.  That being said, none of the 5 has a very consistently good reliable burn routine that I can rely on, so I don't use any of them to burn my DVDs.  I create a DVD image file and use a burning application (In my case Imgburn) to create the final disc.

You need to remember that all of the editing companies who sell to the consumer market are trying to out do each other with editing fratures, effects, transitions, etc.  NONE of them spend much time or energy on consistent and reliable DVD burn routines in their application.  This becomes more of a problem when you want to burn BluRay.

My advice is don't waste too much time trying to find an answer to this question, create a DVD image file, then use something else to burn your disc.  The only other alternative is to go out and buy a high end video work station that includes a high end burning app, cost probably around $10,000.00 (way to rich for me) or choose a less expensive alternative and realize that no single consumer application can do everything for everyone.

George

emmrecs wrote on 6/8/2013, 10:07 AM

I fully endorse what George has written.  Use MEP or VPX to create an Image file and then use your Ashampoo Burning Studio to burn the disc.  That is exactly what I do!

UNLESS you want/need to burn Dual-Layer discs when I have found that only ImgBurn can be "guaranteed" to produce a playable disc.

HTH

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 6/8/2013, 10:07 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam