No audio in new projects. Audio in older projects. Please help.

Kevin-Hartman wrote on 12/5/2021, 3:01 AM

I get no audio in any new projects I make. When I open old projects, they work. I'm guessing some setting got changed.
If I insert a VSTI soft synth that has keys, I'll play the keys on the screen with the mouse and cursor and there's still no sound.
I've changed the driver and it's the same.
Audio is displaying in the mixer but I don't hear any audio.
It's Pro X 6. They have not approved me for that support group though. I'm guessing the setting causing this are likely the same.
Please help. Thanks.

Comments

SP. wrote on 12/5/2021, 5:22 AM

@Kevin-Hartman I would suggest you try to reset the program settings via the Help menu.

Kevin-Hartman wrote on 12/5/2021, 1:05 PM

@Kevin-Hartman I would suggest you try to reset the program settings via the Help menu.

Thanks. I can't find it. Can you tell me specifically where it is?
This is what I have:
Thanks!

Kevin-Hartman wrote on 12/5/2021, 2:52 PM

@Kevin-Hartman

https://www.magix.info/de/forum/how-to-restore-or-reset-to-default-settings--1288901/#ca1731015

I used import and selected Pro X 4 as that seemed to be the most current settings but I still have no sound. Thanks.

SP. wrote on 12/5/2021, 4:51 PM

@Kevin-Hartman Can you make some screenshots of your audio and playback settings in the program settings?

Kevin-Hartman wrote on 12/5/2021, 5:13 PM

@Kevin-Hartman Can you make some screenshots of your audio and playback settings in the program settings?

FYI. I'm using VSTI's and controlling soft synth with a midi controller. Not sure if that matters. Thanks.

Kevin-Hartman wrote on 12/5/2021, 5:17 PM

Thanks. It seems that somehow the output for the master channel on the mixer was set to something other than my sound card. I definitely did not intentionally change that.
Not sure how that happened.
Maybe a restore to default settings would have fixed this issue.
Would be good if they had that option.
Thanks a lot for your help!!

SP. wrote on 12/5/2021, 5:29 PM

@Kevin-Hartman Thanks for telling us how you solved this problem.