when I try Ustream video audio works great. But, when I try to record a 
broadcast no audio.

This is my first time in using Magix Video Pro X 2.5 I just bought it a 
couple of weeks ago @ full retail.

I am choosing New Project, Record, Choose Video Begin recording-- video 
records.
Now if I choose New Project, Record, Choose Audio, Begin recording it records 
audio.

Is something not setup right to sync and do both at the same time?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/11/2011, 3:55 AM

Hi

Can you explain your setup more please.

Are you trying to record from cable receiver, TV or what, include make and model?

How are you feeding audio to the PC?

What audio inputs have you selected in Pro X?

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/11/2011, 3:55 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

jyergin wrote on 8/11/2011, 7:45 AM

Thanks for replying -

For video I am using firewire out of the camera to a Krammer, Crossed Cat 5 cable to another Krammer to Straight Cat 5 then firewire to the computer.

For audio I am coming out of the house sound mixer to the line in on the computer.

You asked what inputs I assigned?  I do not know where this is-- No, I haven't assigned any inputs. Can you please tell me where this is in Magix Video Pro X 2.5 I searched high & low & apparently have overlooked it.

Thanks a lot!

Jim

emmrecs wrote on 8/12/2011, 3:45 AM

Thanks for replying -

For video I am using firewire out of the camera to a Krammer, Crossed Cat 5 cable to another Krammer to Straight Cat 5 then firewire to the computer.

For audio I am coming out of the house sound mixer to the line in on the computer.

You asked what inputs I assigned?  I do not know where this is-- No, I haven't assigned any inputs. Can you please tell me where this is in Magix Video Pro X 2.5 I searched high & low & apparently have overlooked it.

Thanks a lot!

Jim

I suspect your problem is being caused by the fact that you are "asking" VPX to record audio and video from TWO separate sources; normally both audio and video would be carried over the firewire connection from the camera. I don't think it is possible to "separate" the feeds in this way and have VPX see both of them; if it were possible I think your suggested problem of audio/video sync would be even greater (see my final paragraph)!

However, what about a solution?  Is it possible for you to feed the audio output of the mixer to the camera (as line in)?  Thus the camera would then feed that and the video via firewire to the computer.

Since this is NOT something I've ever used (in VPX 2.5. or 3) I've just taken another look at the "Video" recording screen  and can see what I think johnebaker is referring to.  At the top of that screen it seems you have the option of selecting which video AND audio source input you wish to use.  However, I wonder whether that is pre-supposing an analogue input for both audio and video? (I realise that when transferring analogue video to digital, which I do quite often, the audio and video feeds are separate up to the point at which digitisation occurs).

If you have Firewire available for video and line-in (or similar) for audio it MIGHT work but clearly the video is already digital but the audio is analogue and must be converted; hence, I think, the danger of loss of sync because of the processing delay which the A>D conversion inevitably causes.

Hope this all makes sense!

Jeff

Last changed by emmrecs on 8/12/2011, 3:45 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam