New versions bugs

Roger-Svensson wrote on 3/10/2022, 7:05 PM

Why is it so hard to find how to get real support?

I tried now for 30 minutes to find a way how to even write to support. I suppose I should open a ticket somewhere BUT where? Clicking on the support box just ends up in faq again or " ... perhaps you want help with xxx " I hate this. I suppose I find the way in the next hour but god I hate this anonymous company that has this jungle of faq, bots, and forums. The forum is good but not an excuse to shield the support. It is really bad customer service. Sorry for this post....

btw, they linked me in an e-mail to open a ticket but the link went to the general support page.

Good support is

A big red box that says "please open a ticket, we will love talking to you, we are here for you"

15 minutes later: I found the support ticket box after googling on it. You need to really go some miles before you enter there.

Comments

SP. wrote on 3/10/2022, 7:29 PM

@Roger-Svensson It's not that hard to create a support ticket.

https://www.magix.info/us/support/article/how-do-i-contact-technical-support--1513/

I would guess the problem was that customer support got the same dozens of questions every day that can easily be solved by reading one or two threads here in the forum. But the human being is lazy and won't do it. 😁

Good support is

A big red box that says "please open a ticket, we will love talking to you, we are here for you"

Good support is expensive and Music Maker is free. Even if you pay for the premium edition, just an hour of individual support will be more expensive than what you paid. IT support usually starts at about 100 Euros per hour plus VAT if you are working in the business.

Roger-Svensson wrote on 3/10/2022, 9:03 PM

@SP. I found that by googling and as you see you need to go through a lot of stuff first. No, I don´t think they got a dozen of the same questions every day where the answer is to restart your computer. I think most users do a lot before they contact support or live with the problem for a while. I also think that most questions are not addressed in the forum like they were answered before. Yes, humans are lazy and so are most companies, not at least the way they build up their customer's service. The bigger they are the worse they become. Ask a question to a start-up and you will see the difference. Yes, good support is expensive per individual but that is shared with all users and spread out over a long period. Some users need more than others. Another thing, a support question is often very valuable for a company and might be worth 100 times more than it costs. If you ever run a company yourself you would know that, everything from bugs, product usefulness, ideas ... and so much more.

I now got support and it was pretty quick and good

YOGESH-BAROT wrote on 3/10/2022, 11:41 PM

hello everyone

yesterday we got notification of update and we followed that and installed a latest version 30.0.5.46

after installing this latest version we are facing some problems as below

1) when we open the bar and go to fx setting on the daw and open track editing section then we cant see the proper function of editing in all channels paramatric eq settings and compressor settings view and we cant go further in our musical projects as we were familiar and very comfortable with previous version

so pls help us and guide us asap

coneman wrote on 3/11/2022, 12:06 AM

I am very hesitant in D/L the latest update, 30.0.4.44 has been very good with how I use MusicMaker.

Tascam US-366 usb audio interface.
Processor    AMD Ryzen 5 3600 6-Core Processor                 3.95 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
10 pro
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
AMD Radeon RX5700

TK_ wrote on 3/11/2022, 3:42 AM

No tooltip, when I move cursor over the text “MIDI”. I am not saying that this is very important, but always, always, we must think about a person who is using this software for the very first time. What he/she might think, when he/she sees error like this.

When I pressed the play button, for some reason it changed the scale.

I have done lots of panorama settings for my track and its samples, but after using + and – buttons for zooming and unzooming, those settings are now in a wrong position. Why these settings doesn’t change their places if a user changes zooming.

Why I see Finnish here? Windows is in English, software also. Came with this new update.

min = minuutit
sek = sekunnit
ms = millisekunnit

While playing a song I want to add new a sample from the soundpool. Software still adds the sample into very strage places; over other samples, etc. Many times I can't even see where the new added sample is! Why it just can't make a new track and add sample into that track?

I have a project which had Revolta VST. I have removed that track which was using Revolta, but still software is loading Revolta's patches (a small window appears for short period of time) when I open the project.

Still, MIDI-window doesn't remember its size (and place on the screen) wherein it was used last time. Why cancel-button is still missing? If I make some editing and I click the close window button in the upper right corner of midi window, the changes I made will be preserved. And at File-menu the Exit-feature is missing. Outlook of the window is fixed, but not the most important thing - the operating logic of the window for the end user.

These small up and down arrow buttons for changing the vst instrument patch (without opening the vst itself) doesn't work.

I transferred a wav-file into my project. It was located at desktop.

So the software took the name of the sample from the beginning of the path string. If there is not a name on the properties field of the sample (like this time), sample should be named some other way. This sample was a song, so the name was in format "The Band - The Song.wav".

Once again, the bar ruler is quite short. Can't get it any bigger.

For some reason, that thin red line with arrow is now jammed. I am not able to move it anymore.

Has anybody tried to read German posts at the forum? People using this software in German has also post lots of messages. Ok, it is easy to read the messages using Google Translate, but it is really a good idea to keep this forum in multiple languages?