New Blue Plugin's not found in VPX6

PsychotropicFilms wrote on 4/8/2014, 12:07 PM

I purchased from NewBlue several Video Plugin's, that during installation ask where I want to put the 'plug-ins'.  I select both Magix and Sony Vegas and add about 5-different VST plugin locations (such as: C:/program filesx86/VSTplugins, etc).  However, when I launch VPX6 they are nowhere to be found - Only Magic Bulllet Looks and ProDAD Mercelli that came with VPX6.  I tried adding plugin paths in VPX6 both in FILE--->PROGRAM setting and in the "EFFECTS" tab under 'Plugins" - No Go.

However, all my NewBlue plugins show up in my Sony Vegas Pro12 editor.

Any help here?  This should be a no brainer.  This must be a bug, I can't imagine VPX6 would exclude NewBlue.

Thanks, Bart

Comments

browj2 wrote on 4/8/2014, 1:42 PM

Hi Bart,

Did you check compatibility on NewBlue site. Look at the product, Specifications to see if Magix is there. I noticed that Magix is often not on the list. Secondly, X6 is 64bit only, so the plugins have to be compatible and what you purchased may not be. I suggest that you also check with NewBlue.

Note that the ProDad programs that came with X6 are installed under C:\Program Files\proDAD and not under program filesx86. Also, the Magix VST plugins are under C:\Program Files\VSTPlugins\MAGIX, not ...filesx86.

However, MagicBullet Looks comes under C:\Program Files (x86)\LooksBuilder and works with X6.

Since these came with X6, they all just showed up correctly after installation.

Last changed by browj2 on 4/8/2014, 1:42 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

PsychotropicFilms wrote on 4/8/2014, 2:25 PM

Thanks "browj2"

Here's what I found from NEWBLUE's Knowledgebase: "All previous versions of Magix are 32-bit so our plugins in Magix are 32-bit. As Magix has now gone 64-bit with the newest versions, our 64-bit plugins need to be rebuilt to work in the newer version. I am sure that will happen. I cannot give you a timeframe, though."

My 2 cents: I guess this answers my Users Forum question. Although not NewBlue's problem, it illustrates my frustration I'm having with these MAGIX upgrades.  Spending money on perceived enhancements, then only to find out I'm losing functionality with 3rd party tools on the other end.  What to do with $$$ of many New Blue FX's I purchased over the years?  I guess I'll have to keep an older version of Movie Edit Pro Installed.

browj2 wrote on 4/8/2014, 5:18 PM

Hi Bart,

I think you missed some of the discussions and Q&A about X6 plugins when it first came out. We discussed it and some of the problems. The audio VST's work as Magix did them well in advance, I guess because Samplitude Music Studio comes in both 32 and 64-bit formats. I have both on my computer. Also, some of the Pixelan transitions did not work; they did not even show up on the menu even though they were 64-bit. But this was a Magix problem and has since been solved.

I think that the next logical step for Video Pro was 64-bit, it's just that the plugin market is not quite there yet so one has to take care. I agree with you about having to keep legacy programs around, it is often a pain, but such is computing life.

At least Magix did indicate the following on the Magix Pro site under Technical Data:

"Plug-ins:
The 64-bit version of MAGIX Video Pro X6 is only compatible with 64-bit plug-ins.
Preinstalled 32-bit plug-ins cannot be used in MAGIX Video Pro X6
."

Caveat emptor!

Last changed by browj2 on 4/8/2014, 5:18 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos