New 2 Cpu Desktop - teething problems

Eleyan wrote on 11/22/2023, 5:45 AM

So, I recently purchased a Dell Precision 7810 V3 Workstation. It has 2 Xeon CPUs, 32GB Ram, M4000 Graphics and Realtek audio and is running Win10 Pro. I have a ridiculous number of versions in my Service Centre, and thinking that Magix Plus was just a specially extra version of Magix 2021 I downloaded that, and now I've only got one Soundpool and the updating widget keeps wizzing around saying "Please wait.....Initialising content" but never completes. Secondly, in both Programs and Programs (64bit) there are copies of both Vst 2 and 3, so double copies. As my computer is only 64 bit I'm unsure if that is necessary. Does anyone know why the soundpools I had previously bought are absent in Service Centre? Just a few Qn's to begin with. PS: The laptop Dell G7 I used to use died due to a short to ground in the gpu which trashed the motherboard. So, if I can somehow access the old HDD, should I be able to copy and paste soundpools if I can reach them, and would they work okay? Cheers.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/22/2023, 6:24 AM

@Eleyan Soundpools from the Music Maker in-app-store or from Producerplanet.com will appear automatically in the Download tab inside Music Maker after you login with your use account.

The freezing during initializing content can go away if you run Music Maker as administrator by right clicking on the program icon.

johnebaker wrote on 11/22/2023, 6:30 AM

@Eleyan

Hi

. . . . if I can somehow access the old HDD, should I be able to copy and paste soundpools if I can reach them, and would they work okay . . . .

In theory this should work, however, if the mother board was taken out, then it is highly likely the HDD electronics are also trashed.

I personally would not risk connecting it to a PC to find out, if you do so then that is at your own risk.

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.