Need Help Tuning Focusrite Scarlett for Music Studio 2017

Keith-W wrote on 1/11/2024, 10:59 AM

My sturdy, stable, workhorse PC desktop in my studio finally messed itself. I had to get back up and running quickly so I got a beefed up mini-pc and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2. I previously used an internal audio card with 2 in/2 out, so this USB thing is new to me. Plus it's been years since I had to play with buffers and other parameters. Is there anyone here using Music Studio with a Focusrite Scarlett who can help me navigate the fine-tuning? I'm trying to get up and running quickly as I have a client project waiting. Thanks everyone!

Comments

SP. wrote on 1/11/2024, 11:06 AM

@Keith-W Install the Focusrite ASIO driver. Connect the audio interface to your speakers or headphones and your computer. Start Samplitude and open the system settings. Go to the Audio options and select the Focusrite ASIO driver. Set the Monitoring Mode slider to Mixer FX Monitoring Hybrid Engine. Click on the Settings/Control Panel button to open the ASIO driver settings. Here you can set the sample buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples.

That should be all.

Keith-W wrote on 1/11/2024, 12:25 PM

That's what I'm looking for, thanks! I knew about the ASIO driver but I needed a bit more info on tweaks. Thanks again!