Need help registering sound forge

Greg-Waller wrote on 10/3/2021, 8:26 AM

I registered a serial for Sound Forge when I bought it through humble bundle, later, I removed it from my PC without first deactivating it. Then, I upgraded my PC to a new machine.

Now, I can't install Sound Forge because its saying the serial is already registered, but when I go to my magix account, i can't find the product to deactivate it so I can install on the new computer.

Please help

Comments

rraud wrote on 10/3/2021, 10:24 AM

I am not sure how (or if) Magix products purchased from Humble Bundle affects the registration / activation process. Normally, Magix products can be activated on two PCs simultaneously, But you must use the email address that was used when SF was originally registered, the serailcode and email address are paired. You may have used a different email address for the Magix community log-in than your Magix Service Center where 'My Products' info is located.
Again, I do not know about Magix products purchased from Humble Bundle.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users community @Greg-Waller.

Greg-Waller wrote on 10/3/2021, 10:25 AM

The email address is the same. The only product in My Products is a trial copy of Vegas that I registered forever ago. It has none of the humble bundle products I purchased and registered and activated using the exact same email address.

craig-d wrote on 10/4/2021, 1:39 AM

In this case, you will need to contact Magix Support and let the team know what your serial number is...they can track the program that way...often what happens is that sometimes when a user is activating the program, a slight typo is made in the email address, for example, the 'm' in .com is left off, or a letter is typed twice by accident...this happens way more often than you might think, and when it does, it causes issues because it's registered under a typo and not the actual email address. Not saying this is what happened with you, just that it's easier to make a support ticket and have the Magix folks track the serial number you were given...they can find it quickly that way when something odd like this happens.