My Vita Strings Have Disappeared

elias-breidenbach wrote on 10/6/2020, 11:34 AM

Hi, I was loading up one of my music files in Magix that included the Vita Strings instrument that you can purchase from the store, but when it tried to load in the strings, an alert popped up that said that the vst files couldn't be found on my computer at all. I shut my computer down and restarted it, but the strings still wouldn't load, so I did a search for the names of the files in my pc, and nothing showed up. It looks like the files are completely gone. Magix itself doesn't know this, however, so when I go to my instruments in the store, it will give me the option to add it to the ensemble (which still doesn't work), but I don't see the option to reinstall the files. What should I do to fix this?

​​​​​​​

Comments

SP. wrote on 10/6/2020, 12:48 PM

This is the copy protection failing. The instrument thinks for some reason it is not correctly registered on your system.

Did you really restarted your computer or did you just shut it down and turned it on again? On Windows 10 this is not the same as a restart. It's more like going into standby mode and will not help. Please try it with a real restart in case you haven't. Maybe this will help.

Another trick is to log out and back into your account inside Music Maker. Maybe even with a combination of logging out and restarting your computer.

johnebaker wrote on 10/6/2020, 12:53 PM

@elias-breidenbach

Hi

From your previous posts 3 versions of Music Maker have been mentioned - which version of Music Maker are you referring to?

The image and message above would suggest either

1. you are using Music Maker 2021 v29.x.x.x and it is not up to date with the current patch v29.0.3.21.

OR

2. you have had Music Maker 2021 installed and reverted back to an earlier version, in which case did you re-install all the Extra download content?

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

elias-breidenbach wrote on 10/6/2020, 3:41 PM

Johnebaker, I downloaded Music Maker 2020, but reverted to Music Maker 2015 because it was more compatible with my instruments.

As for restarting my computer, SP., I had shut it down so that my laptop wasn't just asleep before, but I decided to do it again today, and that still didn't work. I also cleaned out the store which rebooted the software and then I signed back in, and it still didn't work. Is there anything else I should try?

johnebaker wrote on 10/7/2020, 4:15 AM

@elias-breidenbach

Hi

. . . . I had shut it down so that my laptop wasn't just asleep before, but I decided to do it again today, and that still didn't work. . . . .

To repeat what @SP. stated a Shutdown is not the same as a a Restart.

A forces Windows to reload all the drivers and start from a clean state, Shutdown does not do this, it saves the system state and reloads it, if the system is in a dirty state it will restart in the same state - select the option indicated in the image below.

Putting the computer into Sleep/Hibernate should only be used when leaving the computer for a short period eg lunch break. It is not recommended to leave a computer in the Sleep/Hibernate state for long periods especially for a laptop as it still drains the battery.

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

elias-breidenbach wrote on 10/7/2020, 7:43 AM

I had done that. In fact, I turned my computer off and back on four times to make absolutely sure that all of the drivers were restarting and all of my windows were closed, and they did. So yes, I restarted my computer

So, back to my last question, what should I do next?

SP. wrote on 10/7/2020, 12:59 PM

Maybe the following will help. This link will lead you to the Samplitude forum https://community.samplitude.com/topic/52108-installers-for-vita-instruments-no-longer-in-pro-x4/

There you can download the installers for the Vita Instruments. Download the installers and install Vita Strings and maybe it will work.

elias-breidenbach wrote on 10/7/2020, 3:08 PM

I was able to get it working. I went into my Windows Settings app and into "App Settings". I scrolled down to MAGIX Content and Soundpools, and I clicked uninstall which, once I verified the action, gave me the option to uninstall specific Vita instruments. Once I uninstalled the strings ensemble, I opened Magix again and reinstalled the instrument, and it now works fine.