My Soundforge 9 is not showing up under my registered products

Kevin-Attwood wrote on 12/8/2020, 9:30 PM

My Soundforge 9 product purchased from Sony years ago. It is not showing under my account and when trying to add the registration, your system tells me it is already registered.

Is there a possibility this product is linked to an old email? maybe Email address removed by Moderator? Can you check please? I was thinking of upgrading and want to take advantage of any upgrade paths you have.

Comments

condex wrote on 12/8/2020, 10:49 PM

Please note that this is a user forum and is not access to MAGIX Support. You'll need to follow the rather convoluted process of contacting MAGIX Support starting at:

https://www.magix.com/us/support/technical-support/

It is highly recommended that you use the Edit facility on your post to remove your serial number and email address because you've posted this information on a public forum freely accessible by anybody in the world.

rraud wrote on 12/9/2020, 9:26 AM

You need to use the log-in info that was used when you initially registered SF-9 with SCS (Sony) and would need that info to re-activate it as well. That info was ported over to Magix in the 2016 acquisition. SF-9 can be downloaded from other sources like 'software.informer', but I do not know the validity or safety factors.

Otherwise you can contact the Magix Customer Service which handles activation issues and such... not to be confused with tech support which is a different dept.

> cheat sheet for requesting Magix customer service support:
1- Click on 'Support' at the top of the forum page
2- Scroll down and click the "ASK SUPPORT" box on bottom right
3- Select "Registration / Activation" from the list.
4- Type in a keyword like 'Activation" and click "FIND A SOLUTION"
5- Scroll to bottom of page (again) and select "SEND A SUPPORT REQUEST"
6- Fill in the pertinent information and Submit. You should receive an email conformation