My sound forge working with only one audio input

Clovis22 wrote on 11/22/2021, 3:43 PM

I have Sound Forge 15 installed on Windows 10 on one of my computers on the recording studio. The audio device is a Octa-Capture version _____
This computer is used to capture interviews and thus I have a Microfone and I use softwares such as Whatsapp, Skype or Google meeting to do the interviews.
The problem is: Soud Forge is only capturing on input (or the microfone or the conference software) and I can´t get it to capture both.
When I first install the Soundforge Software, it captures as I want but in the next reboot, the problem appears again.
I've tried
- Uninstalling Forge and reinstalline
- Uninstalling the soundcard drivers and reinstalling
- Switch the hardware input (USB, in this case)
- Reinstalling the operating system (formatting the computer)
- Installing Sound Forge 14

None of this solutions has solved my problem and I need help.

Comments

rraud wrote on 11/22/2021, 5:11 PM

I am not familiar with the Octa-Capture interface.

If you are wish to record Zoom or other online meetings audio and video, you can do that directly though the meeting's 'recording' option, desktop or through the browser (with the meeting host's permission of course), You do not need a specific interface/soundcard or audio application

If recording a single microphone, you only need a one channel (mono) file, which can easily be done in Sound Forge. If you need to record more than one (mono or stereo) source, you would want a multi-track application to record and process the elements/tracks individually. SF is a multi-channel editing application, ProTools, Samplitude, Reaper and Audacty are multi-track options. Vegas Pro video also has a substantial multi-track DAW. which can be integrated with Sound Forge.

btw, welcome to the Magix Sound Forge users group @Clovis22.