My Sound Forge Serial Isn't registering my Sound Forge App

THSC wrote on 3/1/2024, 1:17 AM

Hello Guys,

Need your help.

I purchased the annual subscription of Vegas Pro Post in which Sound Forge is bundled.

As of now, I have checked Vegas Pro 21, Vegas Effects and Boris. So far, so good.

But when I check on Sound Forge Pro 17, and keyed in the Serial Info sent in the confirmation email, is not working as I'd hope.

Waiting for your technical response on this matter.

Thank you.

Comments

THSC wrote on 3/1/2024, 1:28 AM

Hello Guys,

Need your help.

I purchased the annual subscription of Vegas Pro Post in which Sound Forge is bundled.

As of now, I have checked Vegas Pro 21, Vegas Effects and Boris. So far, so good.

But when I check on Sound Forge Pro 17, and keyed in the Serial Info sent in the confirmation email, is not working as I'd hope.

Waiting for your technical response on this matter.

Thank you.

Just tried Acid Pro and it registered just fine.

emmrecs wrote on 3/1/2024, 4:02 AM

@THSC

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff, sorry. Hence, no-one who posts here can give you a technical response!

All we can do is recommend you email infoservice@magix.net with full details of your purchase and the problem you are experiencing. The error message you show clearly states that the serial number you have entered is not valid for the product you have installed. Could it be that the serial number is for Sound Forge Audio Studio 17, rather than Sound Forge Pro 17? OR, have you installed Audio Studio 17 rather than Pro 17?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Last changed by emmrecs on 3/1/2024, 4:05 AM, changed a total of 1 times.

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

SP. wrote on 3/1/2024, 4:13 AM

@THSC Additionally, if you enter the serial number here https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/ you'll get the correct installer for this serial number. Since there are so many different versions (Audio Studio, Pro, Pro Suite, Cleaning Lab, subscription etc.) it can become quite confusing, which serial number has to be entered for which version.

rraud wrote on 3/1/2024, 10:20 AM

Vegas 365 'Post' includes Sound Forge Pro.
365 'SmartScription' includes SF Audio Studio and SF Pro
365 'Suite' includes Audio Studio.
The basic Vegas 365 'Edit' does not include either SF AS or Pro
..  It is confusing fo'sure
https://www.vegascreativesoftware.com/us/product-comparison/#productMenu

THSC wrote on 3/1/2024, 3:43 PM

@THSC

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums, so not a contact for any Magix staff, sorry. Hence, no-one who posts here can give you a technical response!

All we can do is recommend you email infoservice@magix.net with full details of your purchase and the problem you are experiencing. The error message you show clearly states that the serial number you have entered is not valid for the product you have installed. Could it be that the serial number is for Sound Forge Audio Studio 17, rather than Sound Forge Pro 17? OR, have you installed Audio Studio 17 rather than Pro 17?

Jeff
Forum Moderator

@emmrecs thank you for your response. I'll be emailing infoservice if I'll still get this error when I try later. The sound forge version I'm having is correct and it is the one that comes from, bundled, in the vegas download manager. The download manager link comes from the email I received with all those serials and stuff.

THSC wrote on 3/1/2024, 3:50 PM

@THSC Additionally, if you enter the serial number here https://www.magix.com/int/support/my-service-center/product-downloads/ you'll get the correct installer for this serial number. Since there are so many different versions (Audio Studio, Pro, Pro Suite, Cleaning Lab, subscription etc.) it can become quite confusing, which serial number has to be entered for which version.

@SP. True, the email serial says SOUND FORGE Pro (VEGAS Pro Post 365) but the ones in the download manager says Sound Forge Pro 17

There's already a mismatch in the sound forge naming between the email and the download manager.

THSC wrote on 3/1/2024, 4:01 PM

Wow! Just tried to input the serial back and it worked! In just a span of barely 12 hours since I opened this post.

Probably there might have been an isolated server communication issue for sound forge activation.

Thank so much guys for your response! I would've done your advices if not for this luck today.