Comments

SP. wrote on 2/8/2022, 11:38 AM

@teestaton Are you using Windows 11? Music Maker is not officially supporting Windows 11 right now. There could be incompatibilities with your graphics driver or audio driver.

It also could be caused by your Windows firewall. Try to disable them.

teestaton wrote on 2/8/2022, 2:23 PM

Yes I am. aw mann! What to do?

johnebaker wrote on 2/8/2022, 3:57 PM

@teestaton

Hi

. . . . Yes I am. aw mann! What to do? . . . .

I have upgraded to Windows 11 and Music Maker is running fine.

As the program is freezing on launch there are several possible factors causing this, @SP. has already mentioned your Firewall, also try temporarily turning off your Antivirus Protected folder, Real time protection, Ransomware protection features to see if one or more of them is blocking Music Maker .

You mentioned this is a new computer:

1. Is it a laptop or PC?

2. Are you getting any error messages? If so what do they say (in full please) - screenshots would help.

3. If a laptop:

a) is Music Maker installed on an internal drive?

b) Are you using and external USB audio device?

4. What is the computer specification and program version, see this topic for what is required and please quote processor and graphics card make/model in full - I would suggest you put this information in your profile signature so we do not have to keep asking for it.

5. Are the graphics card drivers up to date?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Last changed by johnebaker on 2/8/2022, 3:57 PM, changed a total of 1 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Marrauder wrote on 2/28/2022, 11:25 PM

Hello, I am having basically the same issue, I had Music Maker 2022 Premium all registered and working great on Windows 11 until the latest Music Maker update. Whichh then made Music Maker 2022 start hanging and loading very slowly until it eventually stops responding to any inputs, then you need task manager to close it.

My PC has
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
8GB RAM
Video Card nVidea GeForce GTX 1650
Running Windows 11 Pro
Have tried multiple USB Headphones, as well as Samsung smart monitor speakers through HDMI cable
Headphones 1 Logitech G935 (Wireless)
Headphone 2 JBL Quantum one (Wired)

What I have tried to fix the issue.
1. Full fresh install of Windows 11 Pro
2. Checked firewall and music maker is allowed through private and public networks
3. Disabled all virus protection (Windows Only virus protection installed)

Still same issue, any ideas where to go next?

System

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz , 8GB RAM, Video Card nVidea GeForce GTX 1650
Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2, Samsung smart monitor speakers through HDMI cable, Headphones 1 Logitech G935 (Wireless), Headphone 2 JBL Quantum one (Wired) HDD 1 x 256 SSD 2x 2TB sata.

Marrauder wrote on 3/2/2022, 2:18 AM

OK, don't worry about my post above. As usual I have wasted my money.

I am visually impaired, so I thouroghly tested Music Maker 2022 before I purchased it, I tested it to make sure it worked with my accessibility programs. Which it did up until the last update. now it just freezes up and never responds when ever I have my programs open that allow me to use a computer.

After testing trying to figure out why Music Maker 2022 was not working I found as soon as I close my Zoomtext program, Music Maker 2022 seems to run fine. I can't test it completely because without Zoomtext I cannot see it to test. I also tested Music Maker 2022 with the built in Windows Narrator accessibility program and this seem to stop Music Maker 2022 from responding as well. Guess I just delete it and move on grrrrr

System

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9400 CPU @ 2.90GHz , 8GB RAM, Video Card nVidea GeForce GTX 1650
Windows 11 Pro Version 21H2, Samsung smart monitor speakers through HDMI cable, Headphones 1 Logitech G935 (Wireless), Headphone 2 JBL Quantum one (Wired) HDD 1 x 256 SSD 2x 2TB sata.

SP. wrote on 3/2/2022, 3:46 AM

@Marrauder You can try and ask customer service at infoservice@magix.net for a download link of the previous version that was running fine. And tell them what you found out about the other software you use. This could be very helpful information for their programmers.

SP. wrote on 3/2/2022, 3:50 AM

@teestaton @Marrauder I just read in a German language thread that support found out that the problem is caused by the new version of the QT framework that the developers of Music Maker are using to create the program. They switched from the old version and now for the program freezes for some users but not everyone. Support will give out beta-patches that should help until an official new patch arrives.

Marrauder wrote on 3/2/2022, 8:11 AM

Thank you SP much appreciated, I had not totally given up, I was going to wait for next update. I was just frustrated when I posted my last. Hope whatever they try works, because my current trial work around using a remote desktop is excruciating lol

System