Music Studio mic recording issue.

andresrm7 wrote on 12/18/2008, 5:45 PM

Hi I got a problem trying to record my guitar using a microphone, the thing is I downloaded the Music Maker 14 trial and I recorded with the microphone a lot of times, actually right know I can do it, but I got the music studio 14 download version and it doesn't work in the same way, well I took a look at the Record options and everything seems good. I have a Realteck HD Audio sound card.

I appreciate any help with that

Comments

ralftaro wrote on 12/19/2008, 6:00 AM
Hi again,

This issue probably boils down to a matter of sound driver and sound card mixer settings. Before you even start the recording process in Music Studio, you should make sure to configure the Windows/sound card mixer properly to record from the right input (e.g. microphone socket). This is necessary so Music Studio will know what signal to pick up. Not sure what operating system you're running, but you need to bring up the mixer (e.g. via the little gray speaker icon in the lower right-hand corner of your Windows screen), go to the "Options" menu => "Properties" option and switch to the recording mixer. Depending on the specifics of your sound driver, this might entail changing the actual playback driver to the recording/input driver. In this very same dialog, you can also tick all the items you actually want to appear in your mixer screen.

Confirm the dialog and you will be taken to the actual recording mixer. Once again, the details of this mixer are determined by your sound driver. So, it's a little different for different users. Generally you will either be able to select the recording source in this mixer (in which case you should tick the mic box for your microphone recording) or you will be able to set a general recording level and mute all undesired sources, in which case you could/should mute anything but the microphone socket. Either way, the settings here need to make sense and need to reflect the source you want to record from.

Once that is done, you're pretty much ready for recording in Music Studio. If you've been working with the program before, I assume the sound driver in the program settings is already configured. Just arm one of the tracks for an audio recording (by pressing the "R" in the track parameters). It must be highlighted red for an audio recording. If the recording indicator is pink/purple, this means the track is apparently set to MIDI. Turn off the MIDI option, as you want to do an audio recording.

Now you can start the recording process by hitting the record button on the Music Studio transport control or bringing up the advanced recording options from the little box in the upper, right-hand corner of the record button.

I hope this helps.