Music Maker update 32.1.0.17

ralftaro wrote on 4/25/2024, 4:48 AM

Hi all,

A new Music Maker update just came out. It's just a relatively minor patch this time, but if you've been struggling with certain program stability issues, this may improve your situation. Here are the official patch notes:

Changes in patch 32.1.0.17 compared to 32.1.0.13

•     Various crash and bug fixes
  •     New instruments in the in-app store:
    • Cherry Audio PS-3300 synthesizer
    • Cherry Audio Pro Soloist synthesizer
    • d-16 Nepheton 2

As always, the patch will be deployed via the program's automatic update function, which you can also trigger via the "Update program online" option in the "Help" menu. (In more current product generations, this will take you to the start dialogue to trigger the actual patch download.)  Please keep in mind that, under the current Music Maker product concept, you'll be able to patch your way up to the current product generation and revision from any version starting in generation 25.x of the software.

Comments

browj2 wrote on 4/25/2024, 7:06 AM

@ralftaro

Hi,

Music Maker throws up the following error, first upon loading before installing the patch, then after installing the patch and during the delay while the Store gets connected and populated. First time that I've seen this.

Anyone else?

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos

ralftaro wrote on 4/25/2024, 7:21 AM

Hi John!

That was just a small temporary hiccup of the in-app store server, unrelated to the patch. Everything should already be up and running as of right now. Sorry!

Cheers!

browj2 wrote on 4/25/2024, 8:38 AM

@ralftaro

Hi Ralf,

Great! Error message no longer shows up. Well done.

Thanks,

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2024 with MM2023 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Nika_Miko wrote on 4/26/2024, 12:49 AM

Cześć, 
Od wczoraj mam problem z MMM. Wcześniej nie można było wrzucić tego elementu i wyskakiwać błąd, że jakiś folder jest bezpieczony przed zapisem, a ten sam Soundpoole nie chciał się wgrać (sklep, chciał uzyskać nowe). Odinstalowałem i zainstalowałem program na nowo, pętle prawidłowego wrzucania, ale sklep soundpool nadal nie działa, jak trzeba, więc ponownie powiadomiłem, że został zatwierdzony na nowo, ponownie zaczął wyskakiwać mi komunikaty i błędy i na chwilę, gdy nie można sprawdzić programu w ogóle.

Nie mogę dodać screena, bo wyskakuje błąd.

"Could not access network location [WIX_DIR_COMMON_DOCUMENTS]MAGIX_ASIO\"

I "Zablokowano nieautoryzowane zmiany"

kangyoung-lee wrote on 4/26/2024, 2:14 AM

오래전부터 이거 무한루프 사용 사람인데 -(정액제로) -너무자주 연결이 안돼서 속상해요

I've been using this infinite loop for a long time - (flat-rate) - I'm upset because I can't connect too often.

ralftaro wrote on 4/26/2024, 5:57 AM

Cześć, 
Od wczoraj mam problem z MMM. Wcześniej nie można było wrzucić tego elementu i wyskakiwać błąd, że jakiś folder jest bezpieczony przed zapisem, a ten sam Soundpoole nie chciał się wgrać (sklep, chciał uzyskać nowe). Odinstalowałem i zainstalowałem program na nowo, pętle prawidłowego wrzucania, ale sklep soundpool nadal nie działa, jak trzeba, więc ponownie powiadomiłem, że został zatwierdzony na nowo, ponownie zaczął wyskakiwać mi komunikaty i błędy i na chwilę, gdy nie można sprawdzić programu w ogóle.

Nie mogę dodać screena, bo wyskakuje błąd.

"Could not access network location [WIX_DIR_COMMON_DOCUMENTS]MAGIX_ASIO\"

I "Zablokowano nieautoryzowane zmiany"

Hi there,

I ran this through DeepL. Sorry, I'm not sure I understood ever detail of what was going, but if this is now mainly about the error message during an installation process you're quoting in the last part of your message, I think I can help with that.

This particular error message during the installation process is caused by the "controlled folder access" feature in Windows Defender. By default, this feature is turned off. However, if you chose to enable it at one point in time, it could be causing this conflict with our installer. In order to turn it back off, please proceed as follows:

Open the Windows Defender Security Center by clicking the shield icon in the task bar or searching the start menu for "Defender". Click the "Virus & threat protection" tile (or the shield icon on the left menu bar) and then click "Ransomware protection". Set the switch for "Controlled folder access" to "Off".

Once this is done, please perform the MAGIX program installation again. Turning the protective feature discussed above back on after the successful installation shouldn't be a problem.

Hope this helps!

ralftaro wrote on 4/26/2024, 6:08 AM

오래전부터 이거 무한루프 사용 사람인데 -(정액제로) -너무자주 연결이 안돼서 속상해요

I've been using this infinite loop for a long time - (flat-rate) - I'm upset because I can't connect too often.

Hi @kangyoung-lee,

If you're positive your subscription is active and valid and the issue of not being able to use Loops Unlimited just popped up randomly, this may be some kind of caching problem with the store data. In order to resolve this problem, please proceed as outlined below*. If that alone doesn't seem to help or you're not clear on the status of your subscription, please contact our customer service and raise a ticket with them. They will then investigate this further.

*) Open the program settings dialogue within Music Maker (e.g. via the "P" key). Now trigger the "Clean up Store" procedure from the "General options" tab. This will clean up the local store database and get rid of potential problem. Please note that you're not going to lose any of your actually owned content, neither the local installation of it, nor the actual purchase status, of course. However, once the program has restarted, you will need to make sure to log into the in-app store system with your MAGIX user account again, in order for the program to correctly detect the purchase status of your items and allow the use of those features, instruments etc. Once this is done, please check again whether the soundpool items are available for download/installation through the "Store" tab now (and whether potentially already installed soundpools are available again).

I hope this helps.

Martin-Vogal wrote on 4/27/2024, 8:56 AM

I updated Music Maker yesterday. I keep getting an error message every time I run the program. When will it go away? And can I still work with the program or wait for a solution? Thank you. Martin

browj2 wrote on 4/27/2024, 10:19 AM

@Martin-Vogal

Hi,

That is the same message that I already showed and has already been answered, however, I see that the problem has come back. Hopefully, Magix will sort it out on Monday.

It doesn't affect anything. Just click on Ok.

John CB

Last changed by browj2 on 4/27/2024, 10:23 AM, changed a total of 2 times.

John C.B.

ralftaro wrote on 4/27/2024, 10:48 AM

Sorry, this is a bit bothersome. The server seems to be having some reoccuring issues with parameters that result in this error message being produced by Music Maker. Fortunately, John appears to be right and it doesn't seem to have any negative effect on the functionality of the in-app store system (and thus e.g. availability of features and content in Music Maker). At least it didn't in some simple tests I just ran. Fingers crossed. I'll ask my colleagues to get on it first thing on Monday morning.

Cheers!

harry.virtanen wrote on 4/27/2024, 2:12 PM

My problem may be related, not sure though. In any case, installing on another computer, gets stuck after start up. Cannot connect to internet, meaning cannot log in, meaning cannot run MM 2024 on another PC. An error box appears for a second, when cancelling. At one point it contained the same text as reported above, now it is blank. In any case MM not running on the second computer at this time

m2005 wrote on 4/27/2024, 3:30 PM

After an update on backend services there are currently problems with the technical infrastructure of our service provider, as a result of which there may be temporary problems with some requests and users. We are working with the service provider to solve the problem promptly and sustainably. Until then, we're fixing the problems manually from time to time.

The problem itself is smaller than it sounds, but the noticeable effect is not delivering best experience for you atm.

Edit: Problems should be solved now finally.