Music Maker update 32.0.1.8

ralftaro wrote on 8/1/2023, 7:33 AM

Hi all,

We've been digging through mountains of customer feedback and working tirelessly to even better accommodate Music Maker user needs. Today, we're excited to share the results with you in the new Music Maker patch. We've fixed some bugs during the program launch & log-in procedure, fixed issues in the MIDI editor, and dropped cool new instruments in the in-app store. Here are the official patch notes:

Changes in patch 32.0.1.8 compared to 32.0.0.6

• GUI problems during login fixed
  • Crash when initializing the Music Maker Edition fixed
  • Opening a project file now starts the program without start dialog
  • Fixed problems when saving and opening projects with Fabfilter VST3 plugins
  • MIDI monitoring problems with closed MIDI editor fixed
  • Warning message about screen resolution no longer blocks program startup
  • New Instruments in In-App-Store: D-16 Lush 2 and Cherry Audio Novachord + Solovox

As always, the patch will be deployed via the program's automatic update function, which you can also trigger via the "Update program online" option in the "Help" menu. (In more current product generations, this will take you to the start dialogue to trigger the actual patch download.)  Please keep in mind that, under the current Music Maker product concept, you'll be able to patch your way up to the current product generation and revision from any version starting in generation 25.x of the software. The release of this latest patch 32.0.1.8 also marks the availability of a new full installer, which now allows the jump from generation 31.x to generation 32.x via the program's automatic update function.

Comments

David-Barselow wrote on 8/3/2023, 2:45 PM

I am not seeing the patch update I am still at 32.0.0.6 I think there might be an issue with the auto updater

ralftaro wrote on 8/3/2023, 3:59 PM

Hi David!

Please keep in mind that the notification for the updates is now in the upper center of the big start dialog of Music Maker. If you've been using Music Maker or other MAGIX software for a while, you may still be looking somewhere else. Even if you use the auto-update option in the program's "Help" menu, Music Maker will spawn the big start screen again and you need to look for patch notification and download button there. Please let me know (and maybe include a screenshot) if that's really not showing up for you.

Alternatively, you can also manually download and run the patch from the following link:

https://ssl-update.magix.com/patch/music-maker-free-32-0-1--1689317939

Hope this helps!

loopvinyl wrote on 8/3/2023, 4:01 PM

I managed to install, but problems that did not exist in the previous version are present. 

Problems: 
- there is a delay in the audio in relation to the timeline stick
- audio crackling

I use only midi with instruments to produce, but with these problems it is impossible. 

Please help me? Who could solve these problems for me to be able to produce my songs? 

SP. wrote on 8/3/2023, 4:08 PM

@loopvinyl Make sure you have the Music Maker ASIO driver selected under the Audio/MIDI tab in the program settings. Click on the Advanced button next to the driver selection and set the sample buffer size to something large like 2048 samples. You can reduce the size as long as you don't get crackling.

loopvinyl wrote on 8/3/2023, 4:12 PM

@SP.

loopvinyl wrote on 8/3/2023, 4:42 PM

@SP.

It has improved! Thank you! 
I take advantage and ask if there are other settings that I can change to improve more? 

SP. wrote on 8/3/2023, 5:05 PM

@loopvinyl Do you still encounter crackling? Maybe Windows is doing something in the background. You can try to restart your computer and see if it helps. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut Down option.

Set the Windows energy saving settings to maximum performance or balanced in case you use a laptop.

The more tracks with instruments and effects you have the more likely you'll get audio problems. In that case it might help if you export all finished tracks to WAV and re-import them and setting the original tracks to Mute.

I usually recommend to use an external USB audio interface with ASIO driver support. This is a well worth investment because it takes over the calculation from the CPU which allows for much bigger projects. There are many different manufactures like Behringer, Focusrite, M-Audio, RME, Yamaha/Steinberg, Roland etc.

RaveyDavey wrote on 8/4/2023, 10:39 PM

I have this version and get an incredibly annoying screen Out Now New Version window each time I run Music Maker. Is there any way to switch this banner message off?

johnebaker wrote on 8/5/2023, 3:11 AM

@RaveyDavey

Hi

If you have Magix Cloud Import, also known as Update Notifier, Magix Connect installed, then uninstall it, also check the Hide news option in the Program settings, General tab.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

SP. wrote on 8/5/2023, 3:21 AM

@RaveyDavey Additionally, check for a gear icon in the lower left corner of the advertisement. There you can disable it.

RaveyDavey wrote on 8/5/2023, 4:24 AM

@RaveyDavey Additionally, check for a gear icon in the lower left corner of the advertisement. There you can disable it.

Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately I could not see the gear icon even when I hid the taskbar. John's advice to switch off Hide News did the trick.

Chris-Worthington wrote on 8/6/2023, 1:01 PM

I've just updated to Version 32.0.1.8 I am now unable to move an object in either direction on the timeline by less than 1/2 second, regardless of the zoom level on the timeline. The object snaps to any 1/2 second increment. On previous versions I believe the smallest increment was one thousandth of a second. I've restarted the program, tried some settings changes and not finding a fix. Any ideas? If I can't fix this, is there a way to go back to the previous version?

johnebaker wrote on 8/6/2023, 3:17 PM

@Chris-Worthington

Hi

Try turning off the snap to grid option - magnet icon in the top bar

to No grid or a lower note interval if precision is needed

HTH

John EB
Forum moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Chris-Worthington wrote on 8/6/2023, 10:30 PM

Well I'll be danged. Never had occasion

to use that button before, guess it was always defaulted to no grid. Thanks John.

zahava-f wrote on 8/7/2023, 6:55 AM

i just updated, and now i cant open MusicMaker, it keeps crashing on the "initializing import modules" screen😭

SP. wrote on 8/7/2023, 7:06 AM

@zahava-f There might be an error message hidden behind the screen you need to close. Try pressing the left arrow key and then Enter on your keyboard (or the right arrow key and then Enter).

3DSownz wrote on 8/10/2023, 7:23 PM

I've encountered crash after crash. Don't know how to decipher the error data in the reliability monitor. And also can't get all my SFX plugins to work. They show up in the list.
Ended up back rolling to before the patch.. crazy annoying to have to save after every single action i take in case of a crash and i lose what i was working on repeatedly.

I gotta say. It felt like I was beta testing new software for a company just starting up that needs users to run the software to evaluate and give them feed back about it.

emmrecs wrote on 8/11/2023, 3:29 AM

@3DSownz

Don't know how to decipher the error data in the reliability monitor

You could try copying and pasting it to the forums so that others might see it and, perhaps, be able to offer suggestions about how to resolve the issue.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

3DSownz wrote on 8/11/2023, 10:57 AM

@3DSownz

Don't know how to decipher the error data in the reliability monitor

You could try copying and pasting it to the forums so that others might see it and, perhaps, be able to offer suggestions about how to resolve the issue.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

For some reason it doesn't show them all in there. only a few it did. But I'm now on to newer and more aggravating tactics.
the PC i was using was having problems for a little over a year now, so I recently upgraded my PC since my last post at 429am.
I installed my M31 onto the new pc before i started gathering all my personal files to bring over to the new one to make sure the program was going to be reliable on the new pc.
NICE. worked great. no hesitation, hiccups or sneezes.
went forth with introducing my external storage drive to the pc and then continued into m31. and ......

NOW IT WON'T EVEN LOAD PAST the splash image.
the splash image opens up and about 5 seconds later it vanishes better than Houdini.

What information do you need?

3DSownz wrote on 8/11/2023, 11:05 AM

Source
MAGIX Music Maker

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎8/‎11/‎2023 10:58 AM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    C:\Program Files\MAGIX\Music Maker\31\MusicMaker.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    APPCRASH
Application Name:    MusicMaker.exe
Application Version:    31.0.5.56
Application Timestamp:    646b73bf
Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll <<<<< apparently this might be the issue it says it on ever report, running SFC now... i'll be back ...
Fault Module Version:    10.0.19041.3324
Fault Module Timestamp:    da4a9f63
Exception Code:    c0000005
Exception Offset:    000000000001d525
OS Version:    10.0.19045.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    1033
Additional Information 1:    12c3
Additional Information 2:    12c3a668d5ffd0de0f6c31c2b3a3904c
Additional Information 3:    7333
Additional Information 4:    73331e376568098de1d48d36873a7fed

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    8caa32b859e1ed5f645a3ae97da0743c (1466549403171976252)

Well hopefully this is the last message and edit for me...
the SFC didn't do squat. and on the Microsoft support page for it recommended to do a System Restore if applicable.
Well whatever the underlying issue was is now fixed...
Thank you me for the support and walkthrough on fixing my problem..

emmrecs wrote on 8/11/2023, 2:16 PM

@3DSownz

Thanks for the update and I'm pleased to hear the problem is now resolved for you.

I'm certain you are correct about the issue being a problem with ntdll.dll; this is a core Windows file (i.e., not Magix-specific) and its absence or corruption has been the source of many computer problems!

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

3DSownz wrote on 8/11/2023, 2:38 PM

@emmrecs
What is really odd is that the program worked fine before i plugged in my storage drive and restarted pc. then it happened

Guy-VV wrote on 8/21/2023, 1:14 PM

The previous version of MM was running perfectly on my PC. Since installing MM V32, I have all kinds of problems that I didn't have before. Mostly after recording a VST instrument (Magix and others): the program shuts down and restarts itself. This also happens when I have resized or enlarged the yellow ruler at the top. 
Also after editing a MIDI file in the MIDI editor, the program regularly crashes. In the task manager, I can then see that both RAM and processor are under little load. The only message I get is 'MusicMaker.exe does not respond'.

I usually restart the PC, but the problem persists. I suspect it has nothing to do with the ASIO driver, as I am working with a Focusrite Scarlett.
Anyone have any idea what could be going on?

Campbell-McMahan wrote on 8/21/2023, 4:11 PM

I'm having an ongoing series of new problems which, with considerable time and effort, I've been able to work around but the latest issue seems to be that the Music Maker Asio option in Program Settings is no longer available. The option is there but when selected it immediately reverts to whatever option was previously selected.