Music Maker Third-Party VST Plugins not working correctly

KaleBrew wrote on 5/4/2021, 12:41 PM

I'm having issues with the instrument/keyboard section of Music Maker. Using the provided plugins work great, but any time I try to use a third-party plugin (ones that I had before using Music Maker), they have a few issues:
--Applied Acoustic Systems plugins show a blank white window instead of their usual program, so I am unable to make any adjustments to the instrument sound. The plugin works with my MIDI controller.
--The Octane and TIZE plugins from Sonic Sounds have no interaction with the Music Maker keyboard (or my MIDI input), so I'm unable to use the plugin at all. The plugin can be interacted with by mouse, but that doesn't translate through to Music Maker.

I've tried re-installing each of these plugins, as well as restarting programs and my computer, to no avail. I can use the VSTs outside of Music Maker with no issue, it's when i plug them into Music Maker to record that they struggle as mentioned above.

Please let me know if there's anything I can do to fix these issues.

I am using Magix Music Maker Score Edition (64 bit).

P.S. It is worth mentioning that when I first started using Music Maker (I've only had the product for about a week), the AAS plugins worked flawlessly. It's only recently that this issue has occurred.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/4/2021, 4:43 PM

@KaleBrew  A white window could be caused by a graphics driver problem. Maybe it helps if you update your drivers?

For the other two plugins please check on which MIDI channel your keyboard sends the MIDI events. You can do this by recording a short MIDI clip and opening it in the MIDI editor by double clicking it and then checking the channel in the MIDI event list.

johnebaker wrote on 5/4/2021, 4:54 PM

@KaleBrew

Hi

Are all the plugins you are having issues with 32 or 64 bit versions?

If 32 bit do you have the VST-Bridge and VST Support features in the EDM version - these are normally only available in the Plus (VST Support only), and Premium (VST Bridge and Support) versions of Music Maker?

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

KaleBrew wrote on 5/4/2021, 5:09 PM

"A white window could be caused by a graphics driver problem. Maybe it helps if you update your drivers?

For the other two plugins please check on which MIDI channel your keyboard sends the MIDI events. You can do this by recording a short MIDI clip and opening it in the MIDI editor by double clicking it and then checking the channel in the MIDI event list."

I forgot to mention above, I did hear that graphics drivers are a possible issue, and all my drivers are up to date.

I recorded both a midi clip with a functioning VST and one with a nonfunctioning. The nonfunctioning records the MIDI inputs but without sound (which I think is what you're looking for). When I go into the MIDI editor, the channel section is blank with no option to select.

Upon closer inspection, any inputs on the VST side (clicking the keyboard) don't register and MIDI inputs on the Music Maker side, and vice versa. It sounds like a channel issue like you're saying, I just have no idea how to fix it.

KaleBrew wrote on 5/4/2021, 5:10 PM

@KaleBrew

Hi

Are all the plugins you are having issues with 32 or 64 bit versions?

If 32 bit do you have the VST-Bridge and VST Support features in the EDM version - these are normally only available in the Plus (VST Support only), and Premium (VST Bridge and Support) versions of Music Maker?

John EB
Forum Moderator

Each plugin I am trying to use is the 64 bit version. Thank you though!