Music Maker Scam???

Seth-Warner wrote on 11/15/2023, 6:12 PM

I purchased the Music Maker studio Premium and all i got was the free version. They said this would be emailed to me and i've received nothing in a week. Yes i checked my spam folder. It just was never sent. SO did i pay 90 bucks for a free version of your software. I still have the invoice and would like a refund if you can't send me the serial number to activate my product.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/15/2023, 6:51 PM

@Seth-Warner Contact sales support at infoservice@magix.net and ask them for assistance

Seth-Warner wrote on 11/15/2023, 7:52 PM

anyone from the sales support team speak english? the reply is in German im guessing

emmrecs wrote on 11/16/2023, 3:48 AM

@Seth-Warner

Yes, Sales Support can and do speak English!

I suspect you have actually received a confirmation of receipt of your email. What is the exact wording you see?

As stated by @SP. in the other post you created you should NOT be creating duplicate posts about this. Hence, I have hidden that other post.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Seth-Warner wrote on 11/16/2023, 11:39 AM

I received confirmation of the purchase. I received a confirmation someone is working on it. But i've yet to receive an actual license for the Ultimate edition i've paid for. I've been reprimanded for the multiple posts twice and understood after the first. I'll keep the thread here.

Seth-Warner wrote on 11/16/2023, 11:43 AM

I received a welcome letter with an invoice. I received two coupons...neither of which work when placed into the field for the coupon/serial number popup so those don't work. I have an agreement that says i can end this agreement 14 days without consent. What am i agreeing to? I thought this was a one time purchase. I've not agreed to a subscription.

SP. wrote on 11/16/2023, 11:54 AM

@Seth-Warner Coupons can be redeemed at https://www.magix.com/redeem

Usually this should be described in your order confirmation e-mail.

Seth-Warner wrote on 11/16/2023, 11:58 AM

Fixed! Thanks a bunch! whatever you did!