Music Maker Premium 2024 Gives two errors when trying to load Projects

Michael-Fox wrote on 5/8/2024, 10:03 AM

When I go to open a project I have been working on for a few days now it gives me these two errors. Also when I am finally able to open the said project the beats per minute sound like it's set to 300+ but the BPM meter only shows 100bpm (possible bug ?).

I have been able to randomly open the project but when I do this Happens:

See video link: https://streamable.com/g9vngn

There is also some noticeable crackling going on when I play the beat which you can clearly hear in the video I recorded.

The errors don't always pop up but most times they do.

Here are the two errors in question:

lock not passed during loading effid 150

internal dsp error: effect "tempo-pitch/resample" will be ignored.

I don't even know what these mean nor do I know why they are showing up when I do open the saved Project.

My Gaming Desktop Specs:

Ryzen 9 5900x 3.9ghz (4.3Ghz boost)
32GB DDR4 4000Mhz
RTX 3060 12GB
ASUS Prime B550-PLUS Motherboard
650 Watt Power Supply
2TB Silicon Power M.2 SSD.
Windows 11 Pro x64 bit.

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/8/2024, 10:11 AM

@Michael-Fox Please upload videos directly to this forum via the arrow icon above the response text box.

It might help if you simply restart the computer. Please select the Restart option and not the Shut down option.

Make also sure that you select an ASIO driver in the Music Maker program settings (under the Audio/MIDI tab).

If you don't have an external USB audio interface with ASIO drivers I suggest you select the Music Maker ASIO driver. Then click on the Advanced button next to the driver selection to open the ASIO driver settings. Here select your audio input and audio output and set the buffer size to something reasonable like 512 samples. If the sound still crackles increase the buffer size to 1024 samples or 2048 samples.

NoMagic wrote on 6/10/2024, 5:49 AM

Hi, anytime save project and want to load it I can't. there is an error massage coming up: cannot be open.

my version is: Magix Music maker 2024 upgrade. Help please.

NoMagic wrote on 6/10/2024, 5:57 AM

My system is

Device name    DESKTOP-1RB6UQ0
Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 5950X 16-Core Processor               3.40 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Edition    Windows 11 Home

SP. wrote on 6/10/2024, 6:06 AM

@NoMagic It's possible this might be caused by the directory where you saved your project. Does it load fine if you run Music Maker as administrator by right clicking on the program icon?

If yes, then this likely means, that your non-administrative user account doesn't allow Music Maker to read the files.

If not, it could mean that there might be a more severe problem. I would suggest you try to save your projects under a different location. Sometimes users save their projects in the OneDrive directory which is synchronized with a cloud backup. This can damage the project files.

NoMagic wrote on 6/10/2024, 6:31 AM

thanks for answering, but my problem is i can save very short song on the same drive or some old one can be load on the same drive but the new song using new 2024 sound loop dose not. by the way i ran the magix as administrator result was the same.

SP. wrote on 6/10/2024, 6:35 AM

@NoMagic Maybe it helps if you reset the program settings under the File > Settings menu?

NoMagic wrote on 6/10/2024, 7:07 AM

thank you for your help, i reset the program and moved all my files to music maker directory and works ok, thank you.

damon-briggs wrote on 7/12/2024, 9:28 AM

i get this same error and have goten it a lot in past but i found that what it is if i open my project thrue open projects i get it however if i open a new project or instead of open project continue click file at top then click load project that way you have no problem bypasses the error