Music maker not showing installed coreFX Suite

Heich wrote on 3/16/2022, 2:45 AM

I have just installed Music Maker Premium 2022 version 30.0.4.44 and i also installed the coreFX Suite plugin which came as a bonus with the purchase but i am unable to see the coreFx Suite plugin any where in Music Maker. The plugin shows in my other DAWs but not in Music Maker. I even added two extra VST entries in music maker as per the picture but it still doesn't show up

Some help would be appreciated.

Regards

Comments

Heich wrote on 3/17/2022, 2:39 AM

I played around with Music Maker last night and finally found out why i couldn't see the coreFx Suite plugins, it's because Music Maker isn't clear about how to view the external plugins. I eventually found that you have to click on the + button to add the plugin/s manually other DAWs do this automatically when they start up. Magix has to make this a seamless transition when adding plugins.

Cheers

johnebaker wrote on 3/17/2022, 4:20 AM

@Heich

Hi

. . . . . have to click on the + button to add the plugin/s manually other DAWs do this automatically when they start up . . . .

Music Maker (MMM) does load all the effects, you can see this at the bottom of the splash page, during startup.

Music Maker is not a DAW - however DAWS also require an effect to be selected from an effects menu, right click on the audio objects/track, or in the mixer.

With MMM there are three 'target' options for adding effects:

• single object eg a soundloop, midi, or audio object on the timeline either from the Effects menu or right click the object.
  • track effect - click the FX button in the track header - this applies the effect to the selected track
  • Mixer - this offers both track and master mixer options for effects.

You may find the PDF manual, available under Help, useful.

There are also video tutorials here, one of which give overviews of many of the features of the program including additional effects.

HTH

John EB
Forum Moderator

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.