Music Maker Deluxe Generation 5

sven-dehaan wrote on 5/29/2022, 3:19 AM

I have an old project that I made in Music Maker 5.

I want to open it and make a new export since I don't have the original export anymore.

Unfortunately, the disc that I have is damaged, and the application needs the disc to run.

Who can help me with a disc or another way to open this project one more time?

Comments

SP. wrote on 5/29/2022, 3:41 AM

@sven-dehaan Download the free trial version of Samplitude Music Studio. It still uses the VIP file format.

If you cannot open your project I can try it with my old version of Music Maker Deluxe. You can ZIP the files and send them via wetransfer as a private message to me.

SP. wrote on 5/29/2022, 4:10 AM

@sven-dehaan I just want to add, that you should make a backup of your project files before opening them with Samplitude Music Studio. It's possible that Music Studio will change some files and then your project can potentially not be opened by Music Maker 5 again.

SP. wrote on 5/29/2022, 4:19 AM

@sven-dehaan By the way, is the disc scratched or does the program just not run? I was never able to install Music Maker 5 Deluxe on a system with Windows XP or newer. The disc copy protection doesn't work there. It only runs on Windows 95, 98

You should be able to install it in a virtual Windows 98 machine in VMware Player. The copy protection works there.

sven-dehaan wrote on 6/1/2022, 7:33 AM

Thanks a lot!

Samplitude is a great tip since I was indeed able to open my very old projects, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to handle .avi files. Since I used Music Maker as a video editor, this is thus not the solution.

My disc is scratched, but I am able to install Music Maker. When I run it, it asks for the disc though. I'll give VMware Player a try! If that doesn't work I'll share my files with you, thank you very much for the offer!