Music Maker cuts all audio on my PC

WorthRoss wrote on 11/8/2021, 9:34 AM

Whenever I launch Music Maker it cuts all audio output to my speakers. Here's the scenario. I want to record am audio clip from a a Youtube video. The video plays fine, with audio. Then, when I launch Music Maker the video still plays. I quit Music Maker and reopen the video and the sound is back again.

This is urgent as I need a few sound clips for a funeral service I'm taking.

Comments

SP. wrote on 11/8/2021, 10:02 AM

@WorthRoss If you have selected the Magix Low Latency driver inside the program settings in Music Maker you will not have any sound outside of Music Maker because this driver requires exclusive access to your sound hardware.

You can get around this problem by using another ASIO driver like the FL Studio ASIO driver. Just install the free FL Studio demo and then select FL Studio ASIO in the Music Maker audio settings. The Steinberg ASIO driver may also work fine if you install the free Steinberg Wavelab demo.

You can also try to select Direct Sound as the driver. But Direct Sound only works for playback. If you want to record audio or MIDI while using the live monitoring it will not work with Direct Sound. This only works with an ASIO driver.

WorthRoss wrote on 11/9/2021, 2:26 AM

Thanks. I'll try those suggestions. Really appreciate the help. Annoying to have to do that though when it used to work in older versions.