Music Maker automatically launches

Chuffey wrote on 10/8/2020, 12:42 PM

Music Maker (free version) automatically launches when I start up my computer. I went to the control panel applications management tools, and went to "optional features" in "aps & features". Music Maker isn't in the list of applications that launch automatically. How do I turn off the automatic launching?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 10/8/2020, 2:49 PM

@Chuffey

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

I have to confess I've never seen this problem before!

However, if you go to Task Manager and the Start-up tab, is MM listed there? If so, right-click on it and select "Disable". If it is not listed, I'm afraid I'm out of ideas, sorry.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

Chuffey wrote on 10/8/2020, 2:57 PM

Thanks for the welcome and the post. The only thing in the Task Manager startup list was Magix Updater, but I'd already disabled that. Maybe it just takes another reboot to get it to not automatically launch. We'll see what happens next.