Music maker 2025 premium qt and open gl 2 issues

versonova wrote on 6/23/2024, 2:09 AM

the upgrade is not usable. It will not launch after installation. tried reinstall twice.
keeps causing a rendering error in qt
previous 2024 layout interface has no issues ....

Comments

versonova wrote on 6/23/2024, 12:27 PM

i searched for the files listed in the error page attached and the files listed are in the directory of the install . . . in the program folder.

SP. wrote on 6/23/2024, 1:03 PM

@versonova What's your GPU or CPU? Music Maker needs a GPU or iGPU that is compatible with Open GL 2.0

versonova wrote on 6/23/2024, 2:42 PM

I have a Radeon V11 (7) 16 gb HBMI2 ram and up to date drivers capable of open GL4... CPU is a Ryzen 5890 this new install is crashing my driver for the video card. if the machine is in fall back mode (driver for the video card indicates it is reset to safe mode) it has the windows 11 drivers and is missing all the features of the video card. If launched in that mode it must be finding the opengl2 dll files in its own application folder. Then the program works when the video card is in safe mode) I have seen the new implementation of the application running in this mode. My 2024 version is running fine i just thought the new version would be fun.... its feels like it needs to be put in a compatibility mode based on the failing implementation of the OPEN GL statements being used in the new storefront interface...
the nesting of the text names and the other new goodies appearing in soundpools and the other new docking options features. something is wrong in this version i must have gotten the early one - before it was in the wild long enough - I have seen it happen in other apps that got better after updates based on some feedback from users.

versonova wrote on 6/23/2024, 2:55 PM

The latest Music Maker premium 2025 version is disappointing that it will not run smoothly - but all the features i need are in the old 2024 version. Runs with no issues for days as i work and it site in the background while i game in other apps - always supper stable for the year since int came out. This 2025 version can sit around for a month or so and I can check back in - i just thought i could have faith in the fresh and new - unfortunately that's not really feasible - programers all face the same issues with testing - can't test everything if you don't have the budget or the time.... take the time needed. Get it right - - - and i will check back as time allows. I understand early adoption of the "new" is never smooth... looking for smooth. wink

SP. wrote on 6/23/2024, 3:20 PM

@versonova Maybe there is a way to force the software to run on your Radeon V11? I don't know AMD graphics cards and if there is specific settings for this in the driver.

If you check task manager while running version 2024, can you see if the software runs on your GPU or on your iGPU?

Maybe version 2024 runs on your GPU and version 2025 tries to run on your iGPU, which might not be compatible with OpenGL 2.0.