Music Maker 2025 PREMIUM

pjleese wrote on 6/26/2024, 3:53 PM

Despite a high buffer rate of 1024 the commands are very slow and with only a few tracks it is constantly crashing. I really want this to work but if it persists I will continue with my current DAW. Any ideas??

PS tried to contact support but it won't let me sign in for some reason so I had to re register via the forum!!

Comments

SP. wrote on 6/26/2024, 5:00 PM

@pjleese Are you using the Music Maker ASIO driver. Are you talking about the sample buffer in the ASIO driver control panel?

GRB wrote on 6/26/2024, 8:52 PM

I noticed the same with different audio drivers in past, but if I remember correctly, the Magix Low Latency Driver/ASIO works good...

I currently use my Presonus Audio Interface driver as its generally flawless and issue free (with proper buffer rates assigned). If/when my system has defaulted to the onboard Realtek driver directly or through ASIO auto assignment, it locks up and crashes DAWs, not usable if I recall.... I wouldn't use that...

Good interfaces with own drivers are cheap these days, even used in mint condition, if you don't already have one. Just make sure its a currently supported interface with updated/supported drivers to avoid issues/headaches.

I'd open a support ticket if something seem off and your setup works fine in "Audio buffer world" with another DAW....

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.

pjleese wrote on 6/27/2024, 10:39 AM

Thanks GRB. I have a Focusrite Scarlet Solo which works perfect with Cubase Pro 13. Tried using the Magic Low Latency but it then starts to stutter!!

I have put a ticket into Support to see what they say.

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

SP. wrote on 6/27/2024, 11:41 AM

@pjleese You need to use the Focusrite ASIO driver, not Magix Low Latency.

GRB wrote on 6/27/2024, 1:41 PM

Thanks GRB. I have a Focusrite Scarlet Solo which works perfect with Cubase Pro 13. Tried using the Magic Low Latency but it then starts to stutter!!

I have put a ticket into Support to see what they say.

Thanks for your response. Much appreciated.

Thanks for reply. I agree with SP above... should solve any audio driver conflicts.... Focusrite stuff is really good too!

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.