Music Maker 2022 Won't Log Back Into In App Store

rls1971 wrote on 10/12/2021, 10:49 AM

Hi,

I upgraded to Music Maker 2022 Premium over the weekend. Unfortunately, the program crashes often when I'm using the Song AI generator. What's worse is that after the second or third crash, the program won't log back into the in app store or my premium account. It just says Synchronizing Music Maker Store and won't log in. I've also tried the Clean Up Store and Reset program options. I've also logged out of and into my account. None of this works. The only thing that works is that I actually have to restart my whole Windows 10 desktop computer. But then again, after the second or third crash the program won't log back in again. Is there a method you can tell me that I can do so I can get logged back in? Or, also could I have a link to a copy of Music Maker 2021 Premium until these issues are fixed in an update. I really like using the Song AI, but can't use it good with the way it's crashing often and won't log back into the in app store or my premium account. Thank you.

Comments

rls1971 wrote on 10/12/2021, 12:48 PM

Thanks for the link. Will my current serial number for Premium 2022 work with this version 2021?

Graham-Hawker wrote on 10/12/2021, 1:07 PM

Unlikely but possibly not necessary. I'm not sure how it works when you go back. When you go forward you just download all the stuff you have in the latest version once logged in. There's no need to enter the serial number. I have the free edition of MM2021 with all the stuff from my MM2019 Premium Edition. You can see what happens. Just log in and see if stuff is available to download. If not you'll have to go back to the latest version. You could try MM2022 before the latest update to see if that is any better.

http://dl04.magix.net/2021/MusicMaker30/Music_Maker_30.0.2.30_INT_210830_17-00_8A2D0E21.exe