Multiplexer settings in Photostory on DVD MX Delux

Erbgins wrote on 5/17/2013, 2:27 AM

When Exporting a project to MPEG-4, under the advanced tab, there is an advanced multiplexer tab which calls a window made by a company called Main Concept, the Codec People. In that window, I found an option to put MOOV before MDAT in the MP4 file. As I understand it, MOOV is the index data, and I want it at the beginning of the file to allow browsers to play it from my website without reading to the end of the file. I selected that option and made my video. When I returned to the Advanced multiplexer settings, I found that  the choices had changed completely, and the MOOV before MDAT option was not even shown. In addition, the Advanced Video settings had changed. On the main export window, I hit reset and everything went back to normal. I then checked all of my settings again and made my video. Again, when returning to the advanced settings, I found everything changed again in the same manner as the last time. Is this a bug in the program? Has anyone else run into this?

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 5/17/2013, 2:34 PM

Hi

I have found it best not to mess with these settings in the Advanced multiplexer tab.

I too need the metadata at the front of the mp4 for video streaming.

The most reliable way I have found to do this is to export the mp4 as normal with the required settings for resolution and bitrate eg 5000 for 1080p or 3500 for 720p.

I then use MP4 Faststart or Metadata Mover to move the metadata. (Note Metadata Mover works on whole folder video content)

Exporting for the web should set the metadata at the beginning of the mp4 however I have found this sometimes fails.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 5/17/2013, 2:38 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

Erbgins wrote on 5/17/2013, 11:46 PM

Thanks, John.

I was using the same solution - I used QTIndexSwapper to move the metadata. Even thought this was an extra step, it worked fine. But then I needed to mess with the Advanced Multiplexer for another reason and noticed the option to put MOOV before MDAT. As I noted, when I selected that, it changed the menu choices after making a video. That said, it seems to be consistently putting the meta data in the front now; so as long as I don't mess with it any more it may save me the step of running a separate program to move the meta data. It is just a bit perplexing.

Thanks again - I really appreciate the reply.