Multiple Version Activation

ParadoxMM wrote on 3/7/2018, 8:02 PM

I wanted to clarify if it is possible to purchase and activate multiple versions of the Music Maker program without negatively affecting previously purchased/activated versions. For example, I have purchased the 80s Special Edition of Music Maker. If I decided to purchase the Plus Edition, could I activate that and still keep everything from the 80s Special Edition?

Please don't think I'm ignorant for asking this. I simply want to make absolutely sure of myself before pouring out more money to MAGIX. I have already looked over this thread here: https://www.magix.info/de/tutorials/how-to-unlock-functions-instruments-soundpools-and-presets--1200673/. I find it to be slightly unclear, so that is why I made this post. If I am able to purchase and activate multiple versions, as this thread leads me to believe, a simple confirmation is all I need. Thank you, and I hope I haven't wasted too much of your time with my insecurity.

Comments

dogmadeleted2 wrote on 3/8/2018, 10:51 AM

yes you keep everything from previous versions.

I have all premium versions from 2013 to 2018 and can access all the features,instruments etc

activate previous version from within the program

{ Help-Activate Edition-enter serial from older versions}

Larry98 wrote on 3/8/2018, 10:52 AM

Since there only exist one Music Maker 25 you can activate a lot of different versions and get all the included things as seen in the tutorial. On the tutorial I also wrote down which edtions can be registerd on the store.

Now to your question.
You can register the 80s, EDM, Trap and Beat Producer Edition at the same time + the Plus or Premium Version.

So you can register 4 2018 edtions at the same time to get all of the content.

What does not work is to register multiple copies of the same programm (e.g. 2x 80s edition) or register the 2018 plus edition when you already activated the 2018 Premium edition since the premium edition is just a upgraded plus edition.

I personally unlocked the 80s, EDM, Trap, Beat Producer and the Premium edition + the older versions.

ParadoxMM wrote on 3/8/2018, 11:01 AM

Thank you for your brisk reply, both of you!

lloyd094 wrote on 3/9/2018, 5:24 PM

Also to note, mainly for future references in case someone needs this info, there is a limit to how far back you can activate. For example MM15 (2010) cannot be activated sadly enough.