Multiple MIDI tracks with same Vita / Independence instrument

mario-giardini wrote on 5/15/2018, 2:31 AM

On Samplitude Pro X3 I am trying to use the same Vita / Independence instrument on multiple Midi tracks. In particular, I have four MIDI tracks, and I am trying to configure them as Independence (guitar) / Independence (guitar) / Vita Strings / Vita Strings. No success: the tracks seem to be muting themselves with no apparent logic. Also, I can't find a way to set Vita / Independence to different settings per track (e.g. one track Vita strings legato, one track Vita strings staccato, on Independence guitar, one Independence piano). The two Vita Strings tracks set themselves to the same parameters, and so do the two Independence tracks.

Am I attempting to do something intrinsically wrong? If not, has anyone suggestions on appropriate settings for channels etc. so that this configuration can be set up?

Comments

emmrecs wrote on 5/15/2018, 4:06 AM

Hi, welcome to the Magix forums.

First, there is a dedicated Samplitude forum here; it might be a good idea to post your question there.

I don't have Samplitude but often do what you are wanting to do, use multiple instances of the same VSTi, often with different settings, in the same project. The only thing I can think of which may be causing your problem is if you don't ensure that each instance of the inserted instrument is set to respond on a different MIDI channel.

HTH

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam