Comments

SP. wrote on 8/27/2021, 2:26 AM

@Eric-Kwak This seems like a problem caused by the license activation for the MP3 decoder/encoder. It looks like it shouldn't appear anymore in the new version, so try to update. But if that doesn't work for you usually a reinstallation of Sound Forge was suggested in the past.

craig-d wrote on 8/27/2021, 3:40 AM

Hi!

Yes, updating is best, but if it persits, then you can resolve it by clicking: File > Reset all preferences and cached data. After that, close the program and restart it, and all should be good to go! ;)

Eric-Kwak wrote on 8/27/2021, 8:51 AM

Thank you so much for your help.

I did reinstall and Reset all preferences. But Sound Forge 15 (64bit) build 57 does not let me open/view MP3 files.

I see:

mp3plug2.dll
      version: 3.0.0.10369
      path: C:\Program Files\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 15.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\mp3plug2\mp3plug2.dll

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I also installed x86 version and it shows MP3.
I can see in this version    

path: C:\Program Files (x86)\SOUND FORGE\SOUND FORGE Audio Studio 15.0\FileIO Plug-Ins\mp3plug2\mp3plug2.dll

Any HELP/Suggestions are appreciated. Many thanks in advance

Product-Owner_OOO_ wrote on 8/27/2021, 10:07 AM

Please try this, if it persits: Open SF, go to File > Reset all preferences and cached data. After that, close the program and restart it, and all should be good to go! ;)

Eric-Kwak wrote on 8/27/2021, 10:58 AM

Great Finally it works.
I did this exactly like you and craig-d suggested above. Didn't work then.
I really thanks for the HELP..