MP3 Export Disabled On My Fully Purchased and Licensed MMM 2021 Prem

Andrew-Stevens wrote on 6/22/2021, 1:26 AM

Hello,

This has been fixed (hopefully permanently). See Edit 2.

I have a fully purchased and licensed version of Magix Music Maker 2021 64 bit, version 29.0.6.36

For no obvious reason, I am being blocked from exporting files in MP3 format, instead being told that I am "using a free edition" of the software.

I attempted to re-activate this installation, by entering my serial number for it, but this is having no affect.

Is there some sort of problem going on with this software right now? A fix?

I've been purchasing versions of this software ever since Magix Music Maker 10. I probably own six or seven versions at this point, purchased over the last fifteen years or so. I have never before ran into a basic feature of the software being disabled out from underneath me, after I'd already purchased the license and been using the software for a prolonged amount of time.

This is completely unexpected.

-

EDIT:

Guess I'll download and install the latest patch I neglected to follow up on a little while ago...Let's see what happens.

Okay, I am now on version 29.0.6.38, and this patch has corrected nothing, with regards to the "free edition" error I am getting...What gives?

-

EDIT 2

Once again, for no obvious reason, all of my export encoding options have returned, and the MP3 function is working.

I know this isn't the right place to put this, and you're not obliged to read this, but ever since Microsoft turned Windows 10 into a dumpster fire about seven or eight months ago, it's been one thing after another, after another with this PC, which was literally working almost like new immediate prior to Microsofts W10 patch from hell.

I'm unsure if this problem with MMM has anything to do with that issue. Just thought I'd mention it.

I am just so sick of the endless problems, especially given the money I've spent on this PC and the software I use on it, all the time it's taken to get things set up and organized how I want, the fact that I do my true "lifes work" on this thing. I feel completely violated by Microsoft at this point.