MP3 Deluxe 19 Question

Waide-Keizer wrote on 8/6/2023, 11:34 PM

This product simply does not work. It says I am "Out of memory" after I import my songs. So I reset everything, and started over. Now my computer has been running for over 24 hours "Importing" songs. Every time I go to find duplicate songs, I get the error message "Out of memory." All I want is a music player that can handle a lot of songs without any problems. I have yet to find ONE. I paid for this product, and I feel like I wasted my money. Any help? Any ideas? Thank you...

Comments

SP. wrote on 8/7/2023, 4:16 AM

@Waide-Keizer Depending on whether it is a 32 bit application, which I don't know in detail, it can only allocate very little RAM (about 1.5 GB on Windows). A very large database might outgrow this limit.

How many songs do you want to manage? Hundreds of thousands? Millions?

Waide-Keizer wrote on 8/7/2023, 7:51 AM

I have a database with 2.5 MILLION songs. I cannot find ONE player to use to handle this amount.

SP. wrote on 8/7/2023, 8:06 AM

@Waide-Keizer There are people who were able to run the music library manager MusicBee with more than 2.5 million files.

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18766.0

Waide-Keizer wrote on 8/7/2023, 9:13 AM

Tried it. Have it, but all songs do not play, AND I cannot add additionally music of any form or burn cd's. Same error message... "out of memory"....

SP. wrote on 8/7/2023, 10:20 AM

@Waide-Keizer How much memory has your computer and how much is used? You can see this in the task manager.

Are you using a 64 bit Windows or a 32 bit Windows?

Waide-Keizer wrote on 8/7/2023, 10:39 AM

64 bit. My music is on an external 20TB hard drive. The computer is an 8TB hard drive. No music is actually on my computer. Out of 8TB on my computer, only 1.5 is being used.

SP. wrote on 8/7/2023, 2:03 PM

@Waide-Keizer Disk space is not the memory (RAM). Please check again and also check the how much RAM is used in the Taskmanager when the error message "Out of memory" is shown..