Comments

SP. wrote on 2/9/2021, 2:08 AM

@RowanC Yes, you can log into your customer account at Magix.com. Then search for your Music Maker under "My Products". Here you can disable your version on your computer. But usually you should have the possibility to install the software on up to two computers at a time.

emmrecs wrote on 2/9/2021, 4:41 AM

@RowanC

Welcome to the Magix user to user forums.

Just to add a little to what @SP. has written; if, at any time in the past, you have reinstalled the app on your current computer without deactivating the previous install, your account will show you have two activations currently in use.

Hence the problem you now have. As @SP. says, simply deactivate any unused installations showing on your account.

Jeff
Forum Moderator

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

RowanC wrote on 2/11/2021, 11:06 AM

Thanks for your guy's help but I've also come across another problem. While looking through my account I realized that my Music Maker currently doesn't have any computer under it's activation list, which I found rather weird since I thought I had already activated it. When I went ahead to try to create a activation code I kept running into a problem with the ComputerID part. It kept giving me the message that there was an error activating and to try again later. I've tried typing in my PC name, the Product name for my computer, name of manufacturer- Nothing I type seems to work. Which ComputerID is it referring to? Or is there something wrong with the activation link itself?

emmrecs wrote on 2/11/2021, 1:29 PM

@RowanC

Activation via your online Magix account is the equivalent of needing to activate the software for a computer which is not connected to the Internet. In that scenario, selecting the "Offline activation" on the offline computer would generate a Computer ID, whose details you would enter, via a separate computer which is online. on the screen you are seeing. You cannot create the ID yourself, it is created by the offline computer on which the software is already installed and then "uploaded" to the registration server via a second, online computer.

I hope that makes sense!

In your situation, since your account shows no activations as current, you should be able to activate it on your laptop without problem, I think. The serial key will be shown on your Magix account if you don't remember it.

HTH

Jeff

Win 10 Pro 64 bit, Intel i7 Quad Core 6700K @ 4GHz, 32 GB RAM, NVidia GTX 1660TI and Intel HD530 Graphics, MOTU 8-Pre f/w audio interface, VPX, MEP, Music Maker, PhotoStory Deluxe, Photo Manager Deluxe, Xara 3D Maker 7, Samplitude Pro X7 Suite, Reaper, Adobe Audition 3, CS6 and CC, 2 x Canon HG10 cameras, 1 x Canon EOS 600D, Akaso EK7000 Pro Action Cam

johnebaker wrote on 2/11/2021, 1:30 PM

@RowanC

Hi

There should be no need to create an activation code online.

Assuming you purchased MMM Plus or Premium , you would have received an email containing your serial number/activation code - it will begin with P3- and have 5 sets of 5 digits separated by hyphens.

If the version is Music Maker 2017 or later - ensure you are logged into the Store. The Extra content should also be available to download and install.

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

RowanC wrote on 2/11/2021, 4:17 PM

Alright, thanks for all your help guys.
One last problem I keep coming across that maybe you guys can help me with.

I have this reoccurring issue where when I try to login to the store through the Magix Music program, whether to purchase a new instrument or simply check my profile, and I find I keep getting the message that 'an error has occurred' and to try again later. Is this happening to anyone else's program and how can I resolve this?

johnebaker wrote on 2/14/2021, 11:44 AM

@RowanC

Hi

Check your Antivirus/Firewall is not blocking the program from accessing the Internet, if necessary turn it off and try to log in the Store.

If the AV is blocking then you need to add an exception for Music Maker.

If the error still continues try running the program as Administrator - right click the program shortcut and select Run as administrator.

If the 'Run as admin'. . . . works then there may be a security issue with your account.

The easiest fix is to make the program run as administrator by right clicking its shortcut, select Properties, Compatibility tab, and check the Run this program as an administrator option about 2/3rd way down the dialog, then Ok .

HTH

John EB

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.