Movie materiel won't fit on one disk

lynns wrote on 8/3/2013, 12:36 PM

...Which is not true! I just burned something that was 1 hour, 13 minutes long, and that all fit on one disk only. Now I'm trying to burn something that's 1 hour, 8 minutes long. Which is shorter than the last one, however it tells me even when adjusted to the longest bit rate, and the lowest quality, it still won't fit on one disk. But that can't be true, since I just burned something even longer than this current project on 1 disk. 

(I'm using Video Pro X5, on Windows 8, 64 bit.)  

Thank you for the help in advance, I can't seem to figure this one out. 

Comments

johnebaker wrote on 8/3/2013, 1:18 PM

Hi

Check the following:

- Zoom out on the project timeline and check that there is not a stray object at the end.

- Try another disk or use the image recorder option.

Tip:  I use rewriteable discs DVD-RW or BD-RE  for initial burning, sometimes changes are needed whcih were not apparent on the computer screen when played  on the big screen TV .  When everything is OK I then copy the final burn to permanent disc and re-use the rewriteable again on another project.  Saves money and making coasters.

HTH

John

Last changed by johnebaker on 8/3/2013, 1:18 PM, changed a total of 2 times.

VPX 16, Movie Studio 2025, and earlier versions 2015 and 2016, Music Maker Premium 2024.

PC - running Windows 11 23H2 Professional on Intel i7-8700K 3.2 GHz, 16GB RAM, RTX 2060 6GB 192-bit GDDR6, 1 x 1Tb Sabrent NVME SSD (OS and programs), 2 x 4TB (Data) internal HDD + 1TB internal SSD (Work disc), + 6 ext backup HDDs.

Laptop - Lenovo Legion 5i Phantom - running Windows 11 23H2 on Intel Core i7-10750H, 16GB DDR4-SDRAM, 512GB SSD, 43.9 cm screen Full HD 1920 x 1080, Intel UHD 630 iGPU and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 (6GB GDDR6)

Sony FDR-AX53e Video camera, DJI Osmo Action 3 and Sony HDR-AS30V Sports cams.

yvon-robert wrote on 8/3/2013, 2:08 PM

Hi,

John give you the best answer, but that is a hint, place the head player at the movie end on the timeline, from your keyboard press both same time Ctrl A and release check on your right hand bottom screen and click on icon bracketed X arrows this show to you all clips previously selected. May be you found between your clip movie end and the real end a long black unused space.

Select the end object on time line and delete it.

You can remake the same action to check again the real movie end.

Regards,

YR