Morph Pad Usage

Chris-Cummings wrote on 9/5/2021, 12:54 PM

I cannot get Morph Pads to work. I can get them to work "live" but can't "record" the effect.

Here's what I did:

1. Added a track which was a basic synth loop.
  2. In the Morph Pad window I assigned the morph pad to a track and set my effect.
  3. I can play back the track and use the morph pad to affect it but that alone doesn't record.
  4. Thought I might have to do effects automation, clicked that on my track and went to morph pad.
  5. There are a LOT of check boxes x_1, y_1, mix_1, x_2...etc. I've tried some of them and all of them.
  6. Play back the track and tried affecting the the track with morph pad. Works live but doesn't record it.

I feel like I'm missing something obvious.

Comments

sheppo wrote on 9/6/2021, 4:26 AM

In its current iteration automation can only be saved to the master bus, not individual tracks.

Chris-Cummings wrote on 9/6/2021, 12:02 PM

Thank you Sheppo for that info...a few questions:

1. I tried my method above and still doesn't work for me...is there something I'm missing.
  2. When I add automation for the morph pad (to the master track) how do I know what checkboxes to select? There are a LOT on there and no real description of what is what.

I'm curious why Magix doesn't make this well known.

sheppo wrote on 9/7/2021, 1:10 PM

@Chris-Cummings - You don't need to worry about manually enabling filter parameters to record. Just hit the automation settings icon on the master bus, and play with the morph pad, acid will automatically record any parameter change as an automation envelope.

In case you prefer a visual demonstration I have recorded a little video detailing everything I know about morph pads, including enabling morph pads, recording automation, the "hidden" menu, creating custom morph pads, and audio routing. The automation recording part is at 5:40

Hopefully you find it useful.

Chris-Cummings wrote on 9/7/2021, 4:32 PM

Sheppo, your video is BY FAR the best tutorial I've found on morph pads!! You explained everything extremely well and it was easy to understand and follow. I am very grateful for your assistance!