Monthly Sound Forge 12 license verification issues

ITS-Operations wrote on 3/2/2022, 10:26 AM

As an IT support person in our agency, we are very frustrated that we are having to do the work around of ticking the hidden "verify HTTPS" box every month for all our Sound Forge 12 users. The monthly license verification needs to be done silently in the background for all users regardless if user's accounts have or don't have admin rights. All of our SF users don't have admin rights and if this is a requirement in order for the software to "call-home" every month for license verification, we need a better solution from MAGIX. Our current version of Sound Forge 12 is 12.1.170. Our OS is Windows 10. Please let me know if there's a patched version that corrects this issue. Thank you.

Comments

rraud wrote on 3/2/2022, 10:46 AM

I would contact Magix support about this since you have many licenses.
Contact the Magix Customer Service
or email: infoservice@magix.net

ITS-Operations wrote on 3/2/2022, 11:28 AM

Thank you rraud. I also submitted a support request, but haven't heard back from them yet. Hope they have a better solution for sure.

SP. wrote on 3/2/2022, 11:39 AM

@ITS-Operations As far as I know Magix offers on-premise-licenses with a license server. For example, this is used for schools or other educational faculties. I think this should also be possible for customers like you.

Gordon-Barnes wrote on 4/18/2024, 2:22 AM

It's awful to have to verify my license every month! I absolutely hate wasting valuable time in my studio!