MME and WDM drivers record audio with high pitched hiss in Samplitude

Denis_K wrote on 9/5/2021, 4:03 AM

Hey, guys! I have a issue with my Samplitude X2 and Antelope Audio Discrete 4 interface.

And the problem is MME and WDM drivers record audio with a digital high pitched hiss

You should probably say: just go with ASIO driver! But i can`t.

I`m a voiceover artist, my clients send me online links to videos i need to voiceover. Even if i have to download them, i open them in MPC Media Player or VLC to watch and listen. But the issue with Samplitude is that it won`t proceed any audio except Samplitude. It just blocks any audio signal when it`s in ASIO.

In MME and WDM modes it`s all ok. I can open videos online and in VLC. BUT! Let`s go to the beginnig of this thread. Samplitude process high pitched hiss when its recording in MME or WMD (in ASIO mode it`s all right - no hiss). So my voiceover works is low on quality because of MME. And i can`t record in ASIO because of Samplitude`s restrictions on this Driver.

Any help with that?

Apreciate your time and help!

Thank you!

Denis.

Comments

SP. wrote on 9/5/2021, 5:46 AM

@Denis_K You can try another ASIO driver like the FL Studio ASIO driver. It allows more than one program to access the audio device. Just install the free demo version of FL Studio and then select FL Studio ASIO in the program settings of Samplitude.

https://www.image-line.com/fl-studio-download/

browj2 wrote on 9/5/2021, 9:31 PM

@Denis_K

Hi,

Did you try importing the video into Samplitude Pro X and then monitoring it while you record in Samplitude?

That way you will have an audio file in sync with the video. This is how dubbing is normally done with Samplitude.

Samplitude does not accept all video formats so you may have to render the video to an acceptable format.

This should work much better than what you are trying to do.

John CB

John C.B.

VideoPro X(16); Movie Studio 2024 Platinum; MM2025 Premium Edition; Samplitude Pro X8 Suite; see About me for more.

Desktop System - Windows 10 Pro 22H2; MB ROG STRIX B560-A Gaming WiFi; Graphics Card Zotac Gaming NVIDIA GeForce RTX-3060, PS; Power supply EVGA 750W; Intel Core i7-10700K @ 3.80GHz (UHD Graphics 630); RAM 32 GB; OS on Kingston SSD 1TB; secondary WD 2TB; others 1.5TB, 3TB, 500GB, 4TB, 5TB, 6TB, 8TB; three monitors - HP 25" main, LG 4K 27" second, HP 27" third; Casio WK-225 piano keyboard; M-Audio M-Track USB mixer.

Notebook - Microsoft Surface Pro 4, i5-6300U, 8 GB RAM, 256 SSD, W10 Pro 20H2.

YouTube Channel: @JCBrownVideos