Comments

SP. wrote on 7/2/2024, 4:26 PM

@RC73 I highly recommend you check out all demo versions first.

I also recommend that you use an external USB audio interface with ASIO drivers for maximum performance, with XLR microphones and cable based headphones or speakers. No USB or Bluetooth devices.

It would be better to compare Samplitude Music Studio and Acid.

Music Maker is basically a very limited version of Samplitude Music Studio. If you never worked with music making software before it's a good starting point to learn the basics. You can easily build your songs out of premade audio files (manually or automatic) without the need to play an instrument, but you can then add VST instruments (which can be controlled via MIDI) and VST effects and mix and master your music on multiple tracks per project.

But you're very, very limited in routing (sending audio from one track to another) and automation (automatically changing effect and instrument settings during the song).

This can be a good thing if you're just starting and don't want to be overwhelmed or if you don't need more.

Compared to Music Maker Acid Pro is a fully featured DAW, without these limitations. The problem is, that it's old software (started in the 1990s, nearly no updates between 2008 and 2018, then again nearly no updates since 2020) and has some problems with newer VST plugins and there are some other hiccups with modern operating systems. There are ways to work around these problems though. But for some users, it kills the mood.

Samplitude Music Studio is a modem DAW, slightly limited compared to the much more expensive Pro X8 version (less tracks, limited number of VST plugins per projects). It works the same as Music Maker but with more professional features. If you like Music Maker and want more, you can consider getting Samplitude Music Studio. Or maybe you want to start directly with Music Studio. But it's more to learn as a beginner.

RC73 wrote on 7/3/2024, 6:09 AM

TY SP.

so, if i understand right, is Samplitude Pro X8, like Musicmaker +Acid Pro in one software?

GRB wrote on 7/3/2024, 12:58 PM

All totally different in workflow and features.... I own them all as mentioned... but I agree strongly with what @SP. recommended, and A. download the free trials for each..... so you can see them for yourself... but just as important... B. take time to watch some youtube videos on each one, general reviews, or fairly short 20-30 minute or less ones, that you can watch and learn how it is in use... That won't be the final by any means, but you'll then have some kind of idea of what it does beyond your own starting out, and then when you open up the Trial versions, you'll be somewhat familiar.... Have Fun! :)

Cheers and may the Music Season be 24/7/365 !

Magix Installed & Loved: ACID Pro 11 / Samplitude Music Studio X8 / Music Maker 2025 Premium / Sound Forge Audio Studio 17 / SF Audio Cleaning Lab 4....

--- Current System: HP Laptop, 64bit, AMD Ryzen 5 7520U with Radeon Graphics, 16gb ram, 256gb SSD, running Win 11 Home and a Seagate 4TB external drive.